Mantras

Options
2»

Replies

• niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just RAN my first 5K on January 1. I finished at 34:03. Amazing. I was so thrilled to finish.

However, I never really got to that awesome feeling where the running starts feeling better and better (like I have during my regular runs), but I think part of it was the gradual and then more painful incline at the finish. I found myself singing in my head the song "Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking cross the flo-o-or..." (from Santa Claus is Coming to Town). Haven't heard the song in over a year but it really did work and get me to where I saw my daughter who raced me to the finish line.

It was all so worth it! :wink: :laugh:
  • perrymick
    perrymick Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    In 2013 I started to have some health issues due to my weight, so I'm determined that now is the time to make the changes I need in diet and fitness.

Over the past 10+ years I've been good at starting these sort of things and even better quitting after 2 weeks. Due to this I've lost the support of my friends and family when it comes down to this stuff, as they see in the past I've never stuck things out.

I created my MFP account near the end of 2013 but I started using it yesterday, I also downloaded the C25K app and started W1D1 last night.

My mantra for the tough times ahead (of which I'm sure there will be many) will be "Winners never quit, quitters never win".

I could do with some friends on here, so you can add me if you want.

Thanks
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My mantras are:
    "The only run you'll regret is the one you didn't do"
    "It's only 1 minute/2 minutes/4 minutes further that last time"
    "You know the first 10 minutes suck. Then it's fine"
    And lastly:
    "You're going to expect your horse to carry you 100 miles i May' Every mile you run then will help him. You owe it to him" (there's a complex back story behind that one).
    Oh and on "being a runner" - YES, we all are. I just realised today (when I went to the gym at lunchtime and it was shut) that I have gone from relief that I "can't" run today to being antsy that I can't! I NEED to get out there and bash out 20 minutes (very slowly I might add!). Guess I'm a runner then...