Bringing in the New Year

Options
SandiW02
SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
Nope - not setting any unrealistic goals this year. Just want to live my life and be happy. I love the success and failures I have had so far and am looking to making some new successes/failures in 2014. How about you?

Just to recap...I started my life change last spring at 309 - I weighed in today at 282. I'll take it!

Replies

• drewgirl56
    drewgirl56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love your outlook on life and totally agree with you! I'm working toward a healthier lifestyle myself, which will include bariatric surgery in the (hopefully near) future. My highest weight was 361 and my weight at my last dr. appointment was 348. A great start for a great new life!
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!! I had thought of having the surgery myself but my husband is scared. My sister had it done with amazing success. Although he has always said if I put for an honest effort and nothing happens then he will agree (he also suggested the lap band). Well in all honesty I have not put forth an honest effort for longer than 3 months (or so). My outlook now is I am sick of dieting. This not a healthy message to send my daughter (who is 10). I would rather her learn to eat healthier and exercise as a way of life. So that is what I am trying to move towards. Yes, I am going to go to restaurants and pig out - but that is life.

I hope your surgery goes well and please keep me informed of your future successes. You are a rock star!!