iphone coach app for half marathon and marathon (and more)

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
List of interesting apps
http://mashable.com/2010/02/23/iphone-apps-runners/

Run Coach Pro (running plans - however they do charge for any plan you want to use)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/run-coach/id349532797?mt=8

Replies

• likitisplit
    Options
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Did you use an app to train for your HM? And if so, which one?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I used Coach Jenny Hatfield's Busy Girl Half Marathon plan - I'd recommend a 4 day a week plan, if you can swing it. I don't know if that's part of the Walk Jog Run app but it might be.

I'm looking for something that will let me input a training program and then track it in a running log. No luck. :(
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    My chiropractor (who is a marathon runner) has a half training group that I am seriously considering joining. This is the 2nd year he's doing it. You do your short runs alone during the week then the long runs together on the weekend. I think the group run would be really good for me. I'm less excited about having to go at a set time every weekend, which is later in the morning than when I would run on my own. Actually I would probably be done on my own before they start.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    My chiropractor (who is a marathon runner) has a half training group that I am seriously considering joining. This is the 2nd year he's doing it. You do your short runs alone during the week then the long runs together on the weekend. I think the group run would be really good for me. I'm less excited about having to go at a set time every weekend, which is later in the morning than when I would run on my own. Actually I would probably be done on my own before they start.

You should try it. you don't have to keep doing it if you don't like it, but it'll probably be awesome and you'll have people to support you at the race.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    I used Coach Jenny Hatfield's Busy Girl Half Marathon plan - I'd recommend a 4 day a week plan, if you can swing it. I don't know if that's part of the Walk Jog Run app but it might be.

I'm looking for something that will let me input a training program and then track it in a running log. No luck. :(

You should try Gipis...I have an android phone and they only have ios app right now, but i use a TomTom Runner watch and that uploads to Runkeeper, which in turn uploads to Gipis..

gip.is

but, it makes a plan for you...as far as inputting your own plan..training peaks...but if you like pulling your workout from the app and recording it right back to it, such as the c25k apps, then gipis works fine

http://iphone.appstorm.net/reviews/lifestyle/let-gipis-create-your-perfect-running-program/
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

You should try it. you don't have to keep doing it if you don't like it, but it'll probably be awesome and you'll have people to support you at the race.

I did sign up for it this week. We have monthly wellness challenges at work and I won in December - first place gets $50 toward something health or wellness related and that was the cost of the training, so pretty much it was free. I took 2nd place in February ($25 reward) and have won every month since then, so it also has paid for a couple massages, my Fitbit Flex, a good chunk of my Garmin, and my latest running shoes.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    How do I get paid for running?
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options

great question :)
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options

seriously huh?? Maybe that would motivate me more to run when its cold out :laugh:

Great links for training, thanks for posting