NSVs [Non Scale Victories]

Options
I'm an inspiration to my town, friends and family.

Replies

• AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I july when I went home to Louisiana to visit my mom , she said I can have all of her cloths that fit me... I just went back for Christmas and now have 3 moving boxes full of clothing !! She is a cloths horse and nice dressy cloths too ! Maybe a bit flashy for me but so dang nice . I mailed them to my home so when they get here I'll take some pictures .
  • TriGalVan
    TriGalVan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • drewgirl56
    drewgirl56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My biggest NSV so far has been the realization that I almost never FEEL hungry anymore. Which has helped a lot with situations like "hey would you like some of this fat-and-grease on a platter?" Nah. I'm good.
  • lovetotravel04
    lovetotravel04 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My non-scale victory is being able to eat without depriving myself of foods I love. Also, realizing that if I only eat foods I love, I will only aggravate my stomach, acid reflux, and overall health.
  • Ashleydadiva
    Options
    I love Juicy burgers, nachos, pizza, brownies, and everything else made with diabetes. I've been effectively trying alternative ingredient recipes as well as learning how to cook period! It's wonderful!
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My summertime jeans that I wore in July and were a bit of a pain to button now practically slide off me with enough movement :)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My summertime jeans that I wore in July and were a bit of a pain to button now practically slide off me with enough movement :)

Have you gotten to the point of pulling them down to use the bathroom without undoing them ?
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lots of them in the last couple months!

-I went down 2 pant sizes and the ones I have now are getting a bit loose.
    -My face has gotten slimmer!
    -I can bypass foods I used to once love
    -I don't want to eat fast food because the thought makes me bleh. When I do have to eat it, I feel blah.
    -I can eat small portions of my favorite foods!
    -Family & friends telling me I look great!
  • SKMC0214
    SKMC0214 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My first was being able to wear my engagement ring, that I have not been able to put on in 6 years, it now is too big. Another big one is kind of silly, but getting out of the shower and being able to wrap up in a bath towel and it fitting and not having a huge gaping split in the side. I was so flipping excited. I however am not digging the incredibly wrinkly skin where my triple chin used to be. :(
  • loveanddestroyx
    Options

Have you gotten to the point of pulling them down to use the bathroom without undoing them ?

Oh yes. I don't even need to unbutton them to put them on or off. They kind of look ridiculous now, though.
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    These are so motivating to read :) I love these little things, scale aside, that make you feel like a million bucks! I had a couple recently. Over the xmas break I went shopping because my work pants were getting a little baggy. I expected to be in the next size down but to my surprise (YIPPIE!) I skipped right over that and bought two new pair that were 2 sizes smaller! Today I did all my shoveling and roof raking from our last snow storm. Last winter I dreaded it like I cant even tell you and huffed and puffed my way through. Today I did all of mine, loving the calories I saw building on my HRM. When I was done mine I went over and did the neigbor's too :)
  • dollyboston
    dollyboston Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was able to see my c-section scar without the aid of a mirror for the first time since my son was born 2.5 years ago :) Also, I motivated hubby to start eating better!
  • pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What great NSVs! Congrats!

I had an NSV today that took me by surprise. Ever since I was a kid I've had bad knees. My kneecaps aren't in quite the right spot. I've had two surgeries on my right knee and one on my left. My right one has been so bad for the past several years that, coupled with my weight, I have not been able to use it to climb stairs. But today I noticed that I was using my right leg to climb the stairs out of our rec centers whirlpool without even thinking about it! Now I realize I was mostly in water at the time, so my weight was supported. But I was still pleased, especially because it wasn't something I did consciously (as in let's see if I can get that knee to work).
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The pant's that I was once unable to fit into in April are starting to feel loose when I wear them. :drinker: Reduced the amount of times I have fast food substantially, the cravings are gone. Continued to exercise through the winter. Going hiking along snowy trails and doing some snowshoeing. I've also joined a meetup group to check out new areas to hike. This has also helped me maintain a more positive attitude on life.
  • loveanddestroyx
    Options
    Being able to use the treadmill for an hour straight is pretty nice.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Friend I have not seen since December walked up and said "You've lost weight!" (when you are my size, a lot of folks do not even notice). And I can tie my shoes standing up (probably not a big deal to some but it is to me :smile: )
  • pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Friend I have not seen since December walked up and said "You've lost weight!" (when you are my size, a lot of folks do not even notice). And I can tie my shoes standing up (probably not a big deal to some but it is to me :smile: )
    That's a very big deal!, good for you!!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    Options

That's a very big deal!, good for you!!

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I've lost 44lbs and NO ONE has even noticed at all! LOL. You are right, when we have more to lose it's less noticeable.

My NSV is that I just started Couch 2 5K OUTSIDE and I've successfully completed week 1!!!!! YYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!! My "Fitness Dream" is to become a Jogger. Soo many people have said "Oh Walking is better and blah blah blah"....well, that may be so, and I know walking is easier on my body...but I WANT TO JOG!!!!! Can't a Fat Girl JOG for a little while???? LOL.

YES! I'm doing it!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I've lost 44lbs and NO ONE has even noticed at all! LOL. You are right, when we have more to lose it's less noticeable.

My NSV is that I just started Couch 2 5K OUTSIDE and I've successfully completed week 1!!!!! YYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!! My "Fitness Dream" is to become a Jogger. Soo many people have said "Oh Walking is better and blah blah blah"....well, that may be so, and I know walking is easier on my body...but I WANT TO JOG!!!!! Can't a Fat Girl JOG for a little while???? LOL.

YES! I'm doing it!

Thanks and go for it - I tried the C25K a couple of years ago - I can do it in the summer but the cold air is rough on my lungs. When it warms up, will try again. Don't care if I look like a very large version my sister at mile 20 in the NYC marathon (shuffle shuffle shuffle), going to do it anyway. Keep it up! You look great!