NSVs [Non Scale Victories]

Options

Replies

• RosemaryEBrown
    RosemaryEBrown Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did not use yesterday's and last night's storm storm as an excuse to skip my workout. Instead, I got up early and was out shoveling at 6:30 AM for an hour. Then I changed clothes, grabbed breakfast and drove to the gym by 8:30 to meet my trainer for my workout. Afterwards, I walked a few miles on the indoor track.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Shoveling is a ton of work! Great job!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    When I hit 60 pounds down, I went to try on new jeans at the store. For the first time in my ENTIRE life, I fit into a size 22 jeans.

Just for some perspective, when I was 14 in my sister's wedding, I was told I was between sizes and would have to get down to a 24, or go up to a 26. I'm still super overweight, but I'm officially the smallest I've ever been and it's awesome.
  • BonnieReneeM
    BonnieReneeM Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached my first NSV but I'm hoping that I can get my beautiful wedding ring to fit again by the end of January. Only have a couple day left so I better get motivated.
  • andrencice
    andrencice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. I can do burpees like the skinny folk!

2. I am down a jean size and people are noticing!

3. I can do consecutive jumping jacks!
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My skin looks healthier and feels smoother. I am definitely celebrating that NSV!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    Options
    Been a while so... I touched my toes. May not sound like a big deal but I was shocked.
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm down a pants size. Tried on some Columbia hiking pants and found I could fit into a size 10. I'm getting there.:happy:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Was able to knockout first of 36 workouts for church's RUN FOR GOD program (similar to C25K with a Bible study component. 12 week study aimed at you running a 5K once it's over. The program is national so if you're interested in learning more check out http://www.runforgod.com to find a program near you.)

5K is set for May 31st.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Needed insulin to control my Type 2 diabetes. After blood work this week, doctor said I could stop using the insulin.
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Needed insulin to control my Type 2 diabetes. After blood work this week, doctor said I could stop using the insulin.

Nice! Well done! That is definitely a NSV.:drinker:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Had to retire the sweats I bought when I started working out because they're too loose...even with the drawstring pulled all the way. :bigsmile:
    :flowerforyou:
  • CarolinkaCjj
    Options
    "Gained" weight over spring break but I think it was water retention BUT lost 1 inch off my waist. Plus one of my co-workers told me I was "disappearing before her eyes" - made me smile.
  • KajiraPanda
    KajiraPanda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victories for me...

1) I'm down 2 pant sizes. At Maurice's I no longer need to purchase jeans from their plus size line. I can wear the 17-18 in the core sizes.

2) I went for a hike on some local nature trails, and didn't need to stop and rest or hit my inhaler. We were out there over an hour.

3) Okay, putting this one out there a little prematurely, but This Saturday I will be doing my first 5K. I'm super excited.
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was able to start using a new smaller notch on my belt recently :)
  • NMgirl2006
    NMgirl2006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I said not to Mcdonalds this morning!
  • NMgirl2006
    NMgirl2006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    a quick 15 minute walk before work this morning! I am aiming to do that all week!
  • GirlyFrankie
    GirlyFrankie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made it to the gym yesterday after pulling extra hours at work and having a ton of homework to complete.
  • nbaylor5
    nbaylor5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am still at it......I am logging my food EVERYDAY!! For the first time I know I can do this!!
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Today I realized I can take off my jeans without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Even when they were freshly washed. Wahoo!