NSVs [Non Scale Victories]

Options
13»

Replies

• scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Today I realized I can take off my jeans without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Even when they were freshly washed. Wahoo!

Awesome. I use that as an indicator that it is time to retire them and get a new pair....
  • viva_la_mandee
    Options
    I was able to put on some jeans that wouldn't even go up over my hips 3 months ago. I didn't even have to lay down to zip them!! :D

62728838.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Sylvarose
    Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was able to walk 20 minutes today without pain! I walked three quarter of a mile in that time!

7/15: Turned in a full two weeks my completed food and exercise to my therapist! Stayed on track for 14 days! Now...working on my next 14 days...one meal..one day at a time...one exercise session at a time.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Threw out a few rather large things in the basement (thanks 1800-got-junk), vacuumed the carpet and tile and ordered an elliptical (Yowza Fitness Sanibel i35). Sears FINALLY (about time) assembled it today. Did 3 programs (5 minutes, 15 minutes, 32 minutes) and haven't felt that sweaty in a LONG time.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I usually take a beach towel or bath sheet to the gym with me for after my shower because the postage stamp sized towels they have there just don't cover enough. I forgot my towel yesterday and discovered that the gym towels do now cover enough. No more bringing my own towel to the gym.
  • Savedandsanctified
    Savedandsanctified Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love Juicy burgers, nachos, pizza, brownies, and everything else made with diabetes. I've been effectively trying alternative ingredient recipes as well as learning how to cook period! It's wonderful!

That is awesome.
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    My first was being able to wear my engagement ring, that I have not been able to put on in 6 years, it now is too big. Another big one is kind of silly, but getting out of the shower and being able to wrap up in a bath towel and it fitting and not having a huge gaping split in the side. I was so flipping excited. I however am not digging the incredibly wrinkly skin where my triple chin used to be. :(

I know that is an awesome feeling. Keep up the good work
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    I was able to see my c-section scar without the aid of a mirror for the first time since my son was born 2.5 years ago :) Also, I motivated hubby to start eating better!

Oh my goodness, I would have cried. Keep up the good work!
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    When I hit 60 pounds down, I went to try on new jeans at the store. For the first time in my ENTIRE life, I fit into a size 22 jeans.

Just for some perspective, when I was 14 in my sister's wedding, I was told I was between sizes and would have to get down to a 24, or go up to a 26. I'm still super overweight, but I'm officially the smallest I've ever been and it's awesome.

That is so awesome
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    Was able to knockout first of 36 workouts for church's RUN FOR GOD program (similar to C25K with a Bible study component. 12 week study aimed at you running a 5K once it's over. The program is national so if you're interested in learning more check out http://www.runforgod.com to find a program near you.)

5K is set for May 31st.
    This is so awesome, Im going to check it out now. Good Job!
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    Needed insulin to control my Type 2 diabetes. After blood work this week, doctor said I could stop using the insulin.

That is truly a victory!
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    I said not to Mcdonalds this morning!

Good job!
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    I usually take a beach towel or bath sheet to the gym with me for after my shower because the postage stamp sized towels they have there just don't cover enough. I forgot my towel yesterday and discovered that the gym towels do now cover enough. No more bringing my own towel to the gym.

I know that felt awesome!
  • Savedandsanctified
    Options
    Wow you all have shared some awesome NSV's.

Here is one of mine, My husband gave me a necklace when we first met about 6 years ago. We were playing around and broke the chain about 2 years ago so we replaced it. Well lately It has been getting caught between my breast (hope I didn't offend anyone with that info) I didn't really pay much attention to it accept to adjust it. When I realized the chain had become to long because my neck was smaller I was so excited. I can no longer sleep in the necklace due to the choking possibility. but I do still wear it everyday, it is like my little reminder. :smile:
  • DeeKayElle
    DeeKayElle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sylvarose wrote: »
    I was able to walk 20 minutes today without pain! I walked three quarter of a mile in that time!

Congratulations. I'm not anywhere close to 20 minutes without pain yet. That's my dream.
  • ohsointricate8
    ohsointricate8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest victory is getting to the gym every day during the week so far!