Anybody still active in this group?

Options
DrewsAnna
DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
Hi,

I just joined and was wondering if anybody is still active in this group?

Replies

• scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I also just joined, doesn't seem to be anyone in here.
  • cherylmerrell
    cherylmerrell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined tonight and would love to make this group active. I need all the support and motivation I can get. Motivation is definitely something that I am lacking and I need to loose weight and get healthier. I'm tired all the time, my knees hurt and I am a stress eater. I would love to turn that stress eating into stress working out and getting myself into a better physical shape. So who's with me??:smile:
  • CeeEllis34
    Options
    I just joined yesterday
  • CeeEllis34
    Options
    me,,,,,from New York
  • yomtol
    yomtol Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to MFP and want to lose 40 pounds. I need some support as it seems so much harder to lose weight once you hit the mid 40's..I am 46. I currenly have my target set at 1200 calories per day but sometimes feel hungry at night when I get home from work. Do you have any pointers? Thanks for any ideas you can provide!
  • blbinek1
    blbinek1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I'm a 48 yr old woman, married, working full time and trying to complete my MBA. My married life is not doing so great, my job is extremely demanding and my studies are not really progressing right now. I need to take control of my life and make some significant changes. I need to lose 33 pounds, get healthier, fitter, more confident ....

I am a CEO of a medium size Aboriginal Community in the remote outback Western Australia. Due to my location, I feel quite lonely and meeting people is virtually impossible. I need support to make the changes I need to get my life on track. I need friends who are trying to make changes in their lives.
  • blbinek1
    blbinek1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It looks like there are 5/6 of us who want to make this link work, come guys lets do it and give each other the support we need ..
  • gypsyjacquelina
    gypsyjacquelina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Was gone for about a month, but I'm back now.
  • soywoman
    soywoman Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to find some support and motivation in this group! 48 is ....a trying age! Menopause, recently diagnosed with RA ...it's kicking my butt and I want to kick back! Would also love support with tracking...
  • soywoman
    Options
    Hi..recently went through a divorce, had to sell the house...starting over....then menopause hit! You can do it! Stay positive!
  • soywoman
    Options
    Hi I am new to MFP and want to lose 40 pounds. I need some support as it seems so much harder to lose weight once you hit the mid 40's..I am 46. I currenly have my target set at 1200 calories per day but sometimes feel hungry at night when I get home from work. Do you have any pointers? Thanks for any ideas you can provide!

Maybe your target calories are a little low...do you like veggies? I find snacking on veggies is a huge help! or ...apples with some a bit of peanut butter...the fat in the peanut butter seems to help you stay full without a huge calorie consumption!
  • soywoman
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined and was wondering if anybody is still active in this group?

I'm here. would love to keep this going!
  • gdog2022
    gdog2022 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm here also. Please send friend request.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    WOW....I haven't looked at this thread in a really long time. Looks like we do need to get it going again!!! Hi All!!
  • soywoman
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • gdog2022
    gdog2022 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi right back at ya!!
  • brettjillmol
    brettjillmol Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined. I have used the app inconsistently for a long time, mostly I just get lazy. I have no excuse not to track my food- I have plenty of gadgets to use it on Just lazy. I really want to get back on track so I decided to join a group. Maybe this will kepe me on track.
  • soywoman
    Options
    Hi, I just joined. I have used the app inconsistently for a long time, mostly I just get lazy. I have no excuse not to track my food- I have plenty of gadgets to use it on Just lazy. I really want to get back on track so I decided to join a group. Maybe this will kepe me on track.
    [/quote

I feel the same way!! It is a struggle sometimes to keep tracking, however, I have found that as long as I do it...I do lose! Keep up the hard work!
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and trying to lose 50-75 pounds. My calories are also at 1200, and I aim for 1200-1400 depending on my exercise. I've been losing about 1-1.5 pounds a week so far, but I have a long ways to go.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just joined this group would love some people of the same age and mindset.