January 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options

MAUDEBEIGE - Of course you can join now! Welcome back! :drinker: I added you to the spreadsheet. I'll see if Dinos can locate any of your old totals so you don't have to start from scratch.

Dave

Dave, we are a demanding bunch around here ... if Dinos is looking for Maude's stuff, mine will be there at about the same time if he sees it.

(p.s Maude, we have discussed this ... no more wining on a school night! :drinker: )
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    But I haven't finished all the Christmas biccies yet... Now what?! :blushing:
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This is my day of Rest, so I have no new mileage to report. However I do have a question for those who have been using this helpful challenge longer than I have, which is only a month and a half.

Both months I have found that my mileage is adding up more quickly than I anticipated. So both times I have raised my official goal, thinking I need a continuing challenge to keep me working. Now I notice some of you are basking in the thought that you have reached your goal early and are now earning "bonus miles". Do you find that you don't slack off? I think I probably would. Or is there an award for "bonus miles" I haven't heard about so far?

Just wondering about other folks experience.
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Jan 19th

3.44 Miles on the Treadmill today = 45.05

exercise.png

319Sara - I set my goal for what I think I can walk during the month but a few times I've managed to squeeze in more days of walking and more miles per session than I anticipated. The bonus is better health :-)
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Look who made a funky ticker, oooh! 33.2 miles down, 6.8 to go... well, run!

exercise.png
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Went out to lunch - rare treat since starting on here! So thought i would still be sorta good. Went to Millers Ale house and ordered the Bistro Steak Salad. Well - it was huge - and yes - i ate it all but not all the salad dressing. Yummy. Got home and looked it up - and its on MFP - 1500 calories! BAM!
    I wasn't going to exercise today as i haven't had a day off - in weeks - well after that revelation - i had to do a little. Played a little tennis and then rode the bike.

January 19th - 10.5 miles
    January total - 183.1 miles
    To go - 136.9 miles
    Goal 320 miles

i will still be way over today - but there is always tomorrow........
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    It was chilly but the furries & I trekked 4 miles!

exercise.png
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Much the same as yesterday. Nice walk in the morning with the pooches then afternoon run.

exercise.png
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    1/15 9.06
    1/16 9.14
    1/17 9.17
    1/18 9.19
    1/19 9.30

grand total of 155.13 goal met will up it next month......
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    1/19 + 12.13 miles at 12:52 pace

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

A big congratulations go out to CPANUS and KATHYFLANNERY129 for making their GOALS today!!! :drinker::drinker::drinker:

SCARFE9991 - That's awesome that you did a 6 mile run for the first time! :flowerforyou:

BEIGE sisters, Sallie & Maude :smile: - Dinos is on it and if your data is there somewhere, I'm sure he'll find it. :wink:

319SARA - Regarding bonus miles....there is no special deal with them, I just really* like them because they "feel more fun" than the ones needed to get to goal. :smile: I normally set my goal so that I time reaching it right at the end of the month. I had no idea I'd hit it so early this month. I could probably bump my goal up to a new number, but I know that I won't let up because now I'm going to work on setting a new monthly record for myself. I have no idea what the old one was, but I'm pretty sure that if I exceed 100 by any fair amount, it'll be a new record. Goal setting is all a matter of personal preference though. I know from experience that if I set mine too high off the bat, it'll work against me. I've learned what works best for me to keep me going and soon you'll find that sweet spot too. :smile:

I got another 3 miles of deliberate walking in today too.

Hope you all had a great, active weekend!

Dave
    rI85m6.png
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    got in 6.25 miles today running.. Made it through without to much knee pain.

exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    The weather here is too nice and I feel guilty if I don't go out in it. Mountain biked 9.28 miles and even cleared two technical sections on the trail today! The trick however, is to be able to do this again:). Mtd, 178.09
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    01/19 - 1.62mile walk with dog this evening

exercise.png
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Awesome Day! :tongue:

exercise.png
  • Pang29pang
    Pang29pang Posts: 103 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Slacked off this weekend. Back at it tomorrow!

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Today was a lazy day. Only .9 miles to add to my total.

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Pretty much a rest day. Took a short walk.

01/15 - 11.5 miles biking/walking
    01/16 - 5.0 miles walk on the beach
    01/17 - 1.0 miles walking
    01/18 - 12.0 miles biking
    01/19 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 134.5 miles

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    add 6.68 miles

exercise.png