January 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles today. We're supposed to get snow and ice tonight and I'm hoping to avoid having to go indoors and use the treadmill tomorrow if it's too bad.

Or maybe I'll just go to the movies :laugh:

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Tuesday 1/21

(Exercise bike 26.66 miles & walk 1.5 miles)

**total 28.16 miles for today

***586.44 miles done and 138 miles to go...:happy:
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    4 miles

exercise.png
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    10 miles 1/21/2014

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Nothing like being sick and not able to bike today. Managed a little walk.

01/15 - 11.5 miles biking/walking
    01/16 - 5.0 miles walk on the beach
    01/17 - 1.0 miles walking
    01/18 - 12.0 miles biking
    01/19 - 1.0 miles walking
    01/20 - 5.5 miles walk on the beach
    01/21 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 141.0 miles

exercise.png
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    .. adding some miles ran over the last few days! Didn't get a chance to get out much with work and family life but hope to pick it back up this coming week ...

exercise.png
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Checked the weather before i went out for a ride. Zero percent chance of rain. Cool - i can go.
    Got out and 50 yds from my door i started feeling a mist starting. Well - you get the picture, i had to cut my ride short.
    But got in a few to add.

January 21st - 11.3 miles
    January Total - 194.4 miles
    To Go - 125.6 miles
    Goal - 320 miles

Came back a bit wet...............
    But - i moved.
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    1/20 9.83
    1/21 9.44

total 174.40
  • commit1440
    commit1440 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Jan 21 - 22 miles
    Total 111 miles

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    1/21 - .48 mile walked

exercise.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    01/21 - 2.7m walk w/ Cora
    01/21 - 0.7m walk to the grocery store, for cookies. No doubt!

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got 12 from the bike today!

exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    With all your racked miles...it's no wonder that you wore your drive train right out and then some! Although I don't have quite the mileage you do, my bike is in need of some tlc too, (cassette, rotors, chain ring, chain)...about $300.00 worth!
    Luckily you have a nice backup...Great job!:drinker:

Maybe it's time to buy bike number 4...just in case

Hmmm, isn't that n+1. In my case #2 bike would be a nice, long, awaited addition.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    7 mile ride after work on my bike, and did the whole climb in my middle chain ring:) mtd 189.3.
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A 2.5 mile day for me for a 34.5 mile total.

exercise.png
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    1/21: 0.5 miles

exercise.png

Not so happy about having a second round of the stomach flu (my husband brought his work place version's home that hit me on Saturday) as well as the snow (anyone want it?)
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I took advantage of the beautiful weather and the National Parks Service freebie day and took my three kids by myself up to Bandelier National Monument. I am trying to get my youngest (31 months) ready for hiking later in the year. He's been at that awkward age where they are too big and wiggly to carry for long, but too small to keep up, and we like to go where strollers can't. He did great, almost 3 miles with 100+ stairs and lots of ladders, without a nap OR my having to carry him. Victory! He did another 2 miles with me today to get the big kids from school. It only took a little over an hour and a half lol.

We have decided to splurge and buy a Weehoo bike trailer, mainly for my almost 6 year old. She's getting too heavy for our traditional double bike trailer but not ready for the 30+ miles rides we do as a family with our 11 year old. I'm a cheapskate at heart, but we know it will get used and it's the only answer as she still falls asleep on rides. Hopefully even if we can't log any serious miles this summer hiking we will still be able to on bikes. =)

I can't wait for Spring...

New total: 67.7mi
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, we are doing great this month. :bigsmile: Even so, I know some of you are disappointed with your progress either so far this month or even on a daily basis. Don't Beat Yourself Up!!! :flowerforyou: Now, you know when you are just slacking :wink: , but most of the time when we fall short of our goals it is because of work or family or health reasons. (And, this year anyway, the weather isn't exactly helping either :laugh: ) If your current workout routine doesn't add many miles, THAT"S OK. You are still working on getting more fit and healthy and that is more important than miles alone. If your work life is out of control for now, give yourself a break and realize your @ss moving might need to slow down a bit. :yawn: There comes a time when you need to choose sleep and downtime over @ss moving.:yawn: Just don't stop moving all together. When life gets less crazy, you can start moving more again. :happy: The same goes for family craziness. And really, if you are ill or recovering from an injury, you cannot hold yourself responsible for moving less. :sad: You need to get healthy before you can get back out there or you could put yourself out of action for a long time. :sad: Listen to your body, modify your activities as needed and be careful. We will cheer you on to whatever goal you can make while you are getting better. :happy: :flowerforyou:

I hope I've cheered someone up anyway. :flowerforyou: Now I just need to read it myself. :blushing: Often :blushing: Or I will be the crazy person trying to fit everything into a day and extra walking too. :blushing: And wondering why I'm feeling worse not better. :embarassed:

So, added 5 miles today January total 114.75 (or 10.25 miles to go :bigsmile: )

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    Adding on another 21 miles. 284 out of 300. 16 to go.

Tomorrow??? Great job! How's your weather? We might just hit 70 tomorrow. They said "windy," but I'll take it. No rain this week :noway: ...maybe next week.:ohwell:

@Dave...Thank you for your kind words! :blushing: I did manage over 12,000 today. :happy:

exercise.png

Everyone have a great Wednesday.

Chris
  • jakki1227
    jakki1227 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    7.33 miles today

Total 39.86

Only 15.14 to go
This discussion has been closed.