Alternative to the official android app

Options
Let's not beat around the bush. The android 5x5 app sucks balls. Especially when you are coming to it from the near-perfect iPhone app.

Anyone have any good alternatives?

Replies

• MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use Jefit. Works fine!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I've used the beta StrongLifts android app, "LiftBig" and "Lifting Buddy". I prefer "Lifting Buddy".
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    why just not log here on MFP under strength? You can enter # of sets, reps and weight. Or are you missing the timer?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I use Jefit. Works fine!

I will look for that and test it out.
    I've used the beta StrongLifts android app, "LiftBig" and "Lifting Buddy". I prefer "Lifting Buddy".

I've downloaded LiftBig, but can't find Lifting Buddy.
    why just not log here on MFP under strength? You can enter # of sets, reps and weight. Or are you missing the timer?

It's not so much simply logging the workouts as keeping up with the stalls and deloads. I like that the app takes care of that, so I can just go in, load the bar, and lift. I don't have to look back on past performance to see if I'm progressing, stalling, or deloading.

The official 5x5 apps also make it really easy to keep track of how many sets you've done, because you can mark a set complete with one tap (assuming you hit all 5 reps). And yes, I like the timer too.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tracker.liftingbuddy
    See if that link works for lifting buddy.
  • drsatan_666
    drsatan_666 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would chime in - I have used most of them (JeFit, Lifting Buddy, Official, LiftBig and one more I can't think of) and I prefer LiftBig so far. Only one or two things I would prefer to see changed, but overall I think it is really good. Personally don't use the official app currently - but might as it gets improved.

I also use a dropbox sync tool to sync the liftbig database to my dropbox so I don't lose it if something happens to my phone.
  • cmsmj1
    cmsmj1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use Jefit too - works for me
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use Jefit too. It works really well. The best thing is it syncs up with a web page so you can view your data from anywhere, and more importantly, you don't lose all your data when you get a new phone. I used Strong Long previously, and it worked fine. Just logged sets, no timer or anything. But now that I have a new phone, I have to manually copy all that data over if I want to keep the history of my workouts. I tried to download the beta of rthe official app, but couldn't get it to, so gave up. Figure Jefit is also flexible, so if I want to change my workout or add additional exercizes, it is a better fit anyway.