starting paleo today 1/1/2014

Options
tamifox2
tamifox2 Posts: 5 Member
Happy New Year! I am starting (actually re-starting) the paleo way of eating. My motivation is weight-loss and more ENERGY! I am looking for a group that can offer support and motivation. I'm fired up for this challenge! I have 30 pounds to lose and a ton of energy to gain. Anyone else on this journey too?

Replies

• hwaugh13
    Options
    I am 31 years old, 5'-11" and was getting close to 200 lbs. I am sick of feeling tired, fat and just gross all the time, so I decided to start eating the paleo way. I started this on 12/30/2013 and doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and have lost 10 lbs!!. This is so motivating to me because I've never had such a loss in that short of time. It's given me more energy, my skin is clearing up, and I'm just feeling all around better about myself. With the exercise I've been doing I can actually do a real push-up!! Two of them!!(never been able to in my whole life before now) But back to Paleo, my husband and I are doing this together and it's been great so far. I admit the first two weeks were hard. I had cravings for bread, cookies, pasta, etc constantly, so I cheated just a little here and there so I wouldn't binge on the stuff. I can say now that I don't crave these kinds of things every minute of the day anymore, but it can be tempting when it's offered to me at work. It's great to have my husband doing this with me to help hold me accountable, and he is a wonderful cook! My 4 year old daughter is loving the food also, but then again she's never had problems eating her vegetables. I put an app on my ipad called NomNomPaleo which has some great information if you're interested. It has recipes, can create a shopping list for you, can link you to other Paleo recipe sites, etc. I really like it! For me this isn't just a temporary thing, but a lifestyle change!