January Book

2»

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Lenore - Yes it's your turn to pick for February.

Mady - Since I took your place in January, why don't we swap - you take March and then we'll keep that rotation, that is:

February - Lenore
    March - Mady
    April - Mary
    May - Lenore; and so on.

If Jody Ellen joins in, she would come between Mady and Mary. JodyEllen, are you still with us?
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    I thought we were just switching but the plan sounds good to me. Lenore, looking forward to your ideas. :smile:

Made a movie based on Water for Elephants. Can rent it from library.
  • mabug01
    I considered swapping, but then you would have to pick a book for the following month, too and I didn't want to put that pressure on you.

I'll look for the movie on Netflix.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Hi Diamond Gals; Still munching on walnuts from my Dads tree in Calif. Forgot to pick some fresh vegs to bring home but still have lemons and oranges. I may plant a lemon tree in my yard soon.

Ok well since you are both recommending Kingsolver, I would like to try that. However I have book that I am going to
    read soon called "A Total Waste of Makeup" by Kim Gruenenfelder; has anyone already read it?

Which way do you want to go?
  • mabug01
    A total waste of makeup is a funny title; I'm good with that.
  • lenoresaari
    Ok we will go with that. I have it already so I may start it but will try and hold off on reading it too fast since we arent into Feb yet
  • steppingstones
    Hey for 1 week we were all California girls. Florida's soil is the place to plant a citrus tree :smile: ! I have a dwarf meyer lemon and it produces enough for me. It is great.

I checked the library and they had 3 books by Gruenenfelder , all with amusing titles, but :brokenheart: not the one you mentioned. I will check out the used book store. Sorry.
  • lenoresaari
    Kewl .i wonder how far we were from each other . I was in arroyo grande, pismo beach area..
  • mabug01
    I'm just north of San Franciso, in Petaluma
  • steppingstones
    Good Afternoon Diamond Gals,

I am an hour+ , north of San Francisco and 45 minutes south of Sacramento. 4+ hours from Plsmo Beach and an hour from Petaluma. And 30 minutes from Napa :wink: .

Today I went to the bookstore and she did not have a copy of the suggested Gruenfelder book, So I can't join you in reading that book/ But my husband has many medical and p/t appts and I am okay with it.

Let me know what you have decided.
    M
  • lenoresaari
    How about a different grueenfelder book that you csn find?
  • steppingstones
    Misery loves cabernet and There's cake in my future are the titles available.
  • lenoresaari
    Theres cake in my future. I like that . And so Diamond gals the official feb book by gruenenfeld. Hope its good. Next time i visit my dad we can all be calif girls and have a:heart: face to face book club meeting!
  • mabug01
    Sounds great, L
  • steppingstones
    Okey dokey :)