Starting today

Options
lawlorka
lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
Today will be my first day of the Bridge to 10k programme after finishing the C25K in mid-November. I have a feeling today is going to be very tough but hopefully I'll get through it.

I'm using RunDouble, so today's session will be 5min warm up, 5 x 8min runs, 1m walk. I'm already getting nervous!!!

Wish me luck!!!

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.
  • solardippo
    solardippo Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You might just surprise yourself. And hello! Welcome!
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Well... I only managed 3 of the 8min runs.... I'm going to repeat the day tomorrow. I definitely think I can do it - just need to break through the mental barrier. Still happy with myself for a first run in over a month!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your 5 to 10K program! You can do it!

I had trouble with the first week, too. Going from running about 30 minutes to running closer to an hour was a big jump for me. It took me a couple of weeks, and I added some fun runs in there to keep me "up" mentally, but I did it and found the rest of the program no harder (but also no easier) than the C25K timed program.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job! Slow down...you can definitely do this!
  • solardippo
    solardippo Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Actually, I have just remembered I stopped following my c25k programme to the letter and only doing the longer times once or twice a week, mixing it up with basic 30 min runs... Longer runs 3 times a week was hard on my legs at the beginning.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to see you here and ready to run. You can do this. Take a few days to get back into running; it'll come back to you and then you'll be on your way. Remember to take it slow.