Hello!

Options
phildanf
phildanf Posts: 36 Member
Hiya everyone,

I'm Phil, I'm 31 and I live in Barnsley.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• fiestabev
    Options
    Hello...now your group has 2 members. Hope you don't mind me being from Derbyshire..lol...but Sheffield is just down the road from me, so it's almost South Yorkshire. Need lots of encouragement to get me back on the fitness thing again. Joined a gym in Chesterfield this morning...so far so good.
  • phildanf
    Options
    Hello there!! Of course I don't mind - more the merrier!

Sounds like you mean business love? :wink:
  • fiestabev
    Options
    I'm aiming to do a charity run...or something like that this year. Wanted to do the great north run.....but then I realised its a long way to run..ha ha....at the moment I can't even run round the block. So maybe I'll do a sponsored walk around a park....I could do that.
  • phildanf
    Options
    That sounds good! I know a few folk who have done the Great North Run - it's difficult apparently. With dedication and a proper training programme, you'd be able to do it.

haha was going to say I'll sponsor you but not for walking round the park! Get on treadmill at t'gym and work up the speed/distance. It might be hard at first but you'll notice the difference in fitness over time love.

I can't use treadmills or do road roading anymore cos of my ankles.............. when i could I was doing 10 milers no messing and playing football 4 times a week - where you think I get my dodgy ankles from?? haha
  • oharab
    oharab Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Ben & I'm from Royston (Barnsley).
    I've been around here for some time, but I've just started again. (again!)

I've got 2 little girls (2 years and 3 months) and they are the reason I'm doing this.
  • markholmes31
    markholmes31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Mark and I'm from Barnsley too