what exercise is hardest for you?

Options
just curious :) for me it's the close grip push ups, still can only lower myself about a third of the way lol

Replies

• RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    yeah, they're tough and they really isolate your triceps!

At first I felt the same way, like I just couldn't lower myself down far enough, or keep my hands close enough, to feel like I had good form. I did a few sets with elevated hands just to feel like I was doing them properly.

I've been working through the basic program and right now for me it's Russian Twists / V-ups. I have a ruptured L4-5 disk and putting pressure on my lower back like that hurts like heck so I try to sub them or modify.

Next week I'm supposed to start hanging leg lifts and the "hang off a door" part looks harder than the leg lifts themselves. I think I'll use my chin up bar instead.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Push-ups in general have always been a weak point for me. 2 years later I can finally string a few close grip push-ups together haha. They ARE tough.

But I have to say, I still can't do a bodyweight pull-up. I do weight over 180lbs so losing some more weight will help with that xD

I think the use of a door is really only if you can't find a pull-up bar. You can get those for like 20$ nowadays though and it's a worthy piece of equipment to have, no matter what.
  • andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For me it's the close girp push-ups, too! They're very hard. And the military presses can get very hard after a few rounds of timed sets, too! I'm doing the YAYOG DVD atm and I'm on the novice disk. The hardest exercise there I find is the mountain climbers. Those are really tough and I find myself breathing like there's not enough air around me after doing them three times for 20 seconds. I always open the window when doing exercises inhouse, this way I get more O2 and have to breath a little bit less hard.
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Let me ups. They are my nemesis. I can do the ones with knees bent, but as soon as I try to do straight leg, I collapse on the floor. Maybe this year, I will finally be able to accomplish that!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried let me ups on my kitchen table in a while. It can get tricky depending on the height you have to "hang" at. Bending your knees allows your bottom position to be more level. Maybe have a small box to rest your feet on and see how that goes? Another trick that I figured out doing TRX rows and let em ups on the smith machine at the gym is to actually plant your heels in. Gives you some traction. Keep the core tight. You'll get to it :)
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    mountain climbers and 4-counts
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Close grip push ups, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one lol. They wreck me!
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Let me ups with straight legs. I just can't do it! I go up about an inch.