Powerlifting in the UK.

Options
tattygun
tattygun Posts: 447 Member
Hi, I've got to thinking recently that I'd love to have a go at a competion or at least watch one but I don't know where to start. Any tips on how to get involved? I'm based in West Yorkshire. Thanks!

Replies

• CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi Mate,

I compete in the UK myself with the GBPF (gbpf.org.uk). They have a Yorkshire and NE division as well: (http://www.gbpf.org.uk/organisation/england/yorkshire-and-north-east/)

I'm not 100% sure who the contact is for that but you could ask on the GBPF page on facebook.

You can go to any comp and watch as far as I know, and can compete as a guest lifter if there's not one local to you.

Other than that, there is the BDPFA, I'm not sure on when\where they compete though.

Any questions, pop me a PM, I have a load more guides if needed.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks for that. I'll check both of them out and see which suits. Any particular reason you're with the former?
  • CarlKRobbo
    Options
    I know a few people who are in the GBPF, and they were easier to find out about tbh
  • feast4_dabeast
    Options
    I lift in both but mainly BDFPA. My training partners all lift there and events calendar suits me better. Google BDFPA and they have events listed on their website.
  • CarlKRobbo
    Options
    Good to know you can compete in both, I know a few people who lift with the BDFPA. Am tempted to take a look, as there are not that many events close to me
  • milileitner
    milileitner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    BDFPA here. So far I haven't got a bad word to say against them.