Clean Eating vs. Paleo

Options
tanyab1990
tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
Thought I would post this recent article about clean eating vs. Paleo...for those trying to choose. I especially like the visuals in this article. Sometimes, seeing something in a graphic makes something click in your mind. For me, seeing the clean eating pyramid was a reminder of how to portion my plate for the healthiest clean eating.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-meal-plans-clean-eating-vs-paleo/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Clean+Eating+Meal+Plans:+Clean+Eating+Vs_+Paleo&utm_campaign=20140101_m118525136_RSS+Feed+for+http://www_thegraciouspantry_com/feed/&utm_term=Clean+Eating+Meal+Plans_3A+Clean+Eating+Vs_+Paleo

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this link. It was definitely an interesting comparison. I like how the emphasis is on making it work for you. I have friends at work who have a very all or nothing attitude. We started paleo together and after a few weeks I decided it wasn't right for me. I added a few thing back in (my diet looks a lot like the clean eating pyramid and getting better each week). They look at me like I fail at clean eating because I can not maintain a paleo diet. It works for some but it is definitely not for me.
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this link. It was definitely an interesting comparison. I like how the emphasis is on making it work for you. I have friends at work who have a very all or nothing attitude. We started paleo together and after a few weeks I decided it wasn't right for me. I added a few thing back in (my diet looks a lot like the clean eating pyramid and getting better each week). They look at me like I fail at clean eating because I can not maintain a paleo diet. It works for some but it is definitely not for me.

Everyone has different health needs (and cravings) so you gotta do what works for you. Good for you!
  • Flashlightless
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I'd wondered before about Paleo and how it differed from Traditional Foods...the graphic is a big help!