New Here With T2

Options
Hi all,
I was hoping there would be a diabetic board here..I just started today. I have been on insulin since 09. Novalog 3x/day and Lantus, and was just put on Invokana and hoping it doesn't give me a heart attack! lol My #'s have been horrible..was 400 on Christmas! I have suffered from depression etc due to a couple of tragedies recently, and basically I sleep and sit...I have non curable lung disease so its hard for me to even walk without being short on breath. I know I need to start moving somehow.
My A1C went down to 9.6 which is still bad. I have made a resolution that I am going to try harder and get a grip on this instead of ignoring it, living on fast food and sweets, etc. Ive done the Atkins, South Beach low carb and I just don't like it. I think at this point, anything healthy would be beneficial! I just bought the Shred book and am hoping that will help me as it seems doable, maybe cutting back on some of the carbs. My cholesterol is very high.went off Lipitor after high liver enzymes and all the bad hype...on Colestid now.... which is murder to the stomach. My mother has had severe diabetes snce before I was born, as well as her whole side of the family. I am overweight and it seems the more insulin I am put on, the hungrier and fatter I get! lol
Is there anyone not doing low carb or doing Shred or portion control? My endo told me yesterday she feels the mediteranian dieting is best...anyway, that's my story!

Replies

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Welcome! I give you a lot of credit for taking charge of your life and your health. You're right that even small changes can add up to give you the results you want. I encourage you to think about making lasting changes that can become part of your regular habits. You've already lowered your A1c, and that's an excellent start! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • seabreezelivin66
    Options
    thank you
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Hope this group and site will be able to help you take control of your diabetes. I'll send you a friend request.
  • seabreezelivin66
    Options
    thanks! I received it :)