Hello

Options
Hello everyone!! What are your goals, and what seems to be hardest part about getting there? Let's share!!

About me: Although most of my professional career was spent as a Credit and Collections manager, I am also personal trainer, and have been for 25 yrs. I also struggle with aging and what happens to our body's as we get older. Just as anyone, as I age my body is changing, gravity is being mean, my energy level is lowering, and my waist is expanding. The foods I use to eat and the tricks I used to get the weight off and maintain it do not hold true anymore.

Thru my journey thus far, age 47 and counting, I have learned that my body is physically changing, the bones in feet are widening, and from the labor of child birth my hip bones expanded/moved (creating a more "hour glass" figure I like because never had hips before, however....), these are things we accept as what happens. I also learned that my ideal weight, the weight at which I (personally) am feel healthiest, now is 10 to 15 lbs heavier than 15 years ago.

I would like to share with you all my experience to help you thru your journeys. Let's talk...

Replies

• KatsPaw1992
    KatsPaw1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi . . . a little about myself . . . I never struggled w/my weight. I could eat anything I wanted to & not gain a pound. So my diet consisted of all the wrong foods but once I hit 46 that all changed. I did continue to eat like I was still in my 20's & before I knew it, I was pushing 150. Well, I was now a grandmother so it's alright for a Grandmom to have more weight on her right? No, for me it's not!! Didn't feel comortable in my own skin so I searched & found BURN THE FAT, FEED THE MUSCLE by Tom Venuto. I did his plan & lost 30-35 lbs. then got lax on the calorie counting & inconsistent w/the cardio & weight lifting. Hoping that being in this group will get me back on the 'consistent' wagon along w/getting leaner! Thanks Marie for beginning this group & holding me (us) accountable!!
  • marieshapeup
    marieshapeup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! Everyday is a journey!! As we learn more about ourselves, we learn more ways to challenge ourselves! I started a Kickass outside bleacher bootcamp, works the whole body including the "ticker" which keeps us going!! What is favorite "play time" activity??
  • KatsPaw1992
    Options
    Hmmmmmmm . . .
  • marieshapeup
    Options
    You can't say Peter.
  • KatsPaw1992
    Options
    That thot never crossed my mind till u mentioned it! lol I'd hafta say that my fav play time activity is just being outside walking the dogs or hiking.
  • marieshapeup
    Options
    I see, where is my mind, hahahaha!!