Can everyone tell me about their weight loss?

Options
So i was on keto for a month and lost approx 5kg in 3 weeks, which was awesome! Then the second month, through December the weight loss stopped and i gained a few KG back despite being at a deficit for calories and carbs the whole time. So i had around 10 days off keto for Christmas and am sitting at only approx 2kg less than my starting weight. Back on now, and determined to get it right but i'm wondering if anyone else experiences this? It's very frustrating :(

Replies

• tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just because you are in Keto or deficit in carbs does not instantly mean anything.
    How was your sodium... water intake, hormones etc.
    some people cannot have dairy... it effects their weightloss.. same as artificial sweetners.. etc.
    how did you work out your calories and how high was your fat.. honestly.. keto takes MONTHS to work out how to perfect for your body.
    My weight fluctuates.. some weeks i loose 2kg.. another week ill be a bit up or only loose a couple of hundred grams.. this is not linear and the secret is consistency.. keep going. You need to get yourself keto adapted... going in and out of keto will seriously effect your energy levels and your losses.
  • Gnaterlie
    Options
    I find that I can't jump back and forth between keto and not keto. I have to stay keto to continue to lose weight and inches. Taking in a cheat meal or day and knocking myself out of ketosis really slows me down. Pick which plan you are on and stay with it. TRACK EVERYTHING HONESTLY. That's really important so you can look back and see what you were eating and what all the macros came out to be and the results on the scale or measuring tape. If you aren't measuring get that started too. I will lose weight one week then nothing but then lose 3 inches off my waist. Either way I am seeing happy results!