Group Discussion Thread

Options
BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
This is the place for any discussions relating to the purpose or function of this group that is not specific to any of the mentor/noob pair threads.

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    My vision for this group is a place where some sort of record/transcript of mentor/noob conversations can be archived for others to benefit from, and also as a place where discussions between mentors and noobs can take place outside of the public forums which may be subject to erratic moderation.

Once a mentor has been matched up with a noob, they should feel free to create their own thread for discussions between themselves and their noob. This should be more useful than doing all of that privately by PM, because many of us will be repeating the same information at the beginning, so having somebody else's conversations public and viewable should help save each of us a lot of time.

Discussions between mentors is welcome, but I'd like to us avoid the unproductive arguments found in the public forums. For example, I am an IIFYM'er and all of my advice to my noob will be geared toward that philosophy. However, if some other mentor really feels like they need to disagree with something written on my mentor/noob thread, then they should contact me by PM or politely post on the thread to raise their objection. However, I believe that the mentor should have final word on their threads until their noob is fully up to speed on their advice. This means that some mentors will be given moderator powers, so that they can delete/edit contradictory posts made by others on the threads (as necessary).
  • Seascale18
    Options
    Hello,

I'd just like to say how much I appreciate the quality of information I've received directly,and also indirectly by reading other people's posts. I also appreciate the kindness and work that has gone into creating this group. It is good! Thank you .
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'd just like to say how much I appreciate the quality of information I've received directly,and also indirectly by reading other people's posts. I also appreciate the kindness and work that has gone into creating this group. It is good! Thank you .

This.. Exactly :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea BB. :flowerforyou:

And Nicky you've been awesome. I was kind of nervous about doing this, but I couldn't have asked for a better newbie.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    :) I'm moving kinda slow but your direction has been great!! Once all my pieces are out together with my schedule I'll be good to go!! I'm just glad I found such a great and positive person!! :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    :) I'm moving kinda slow but your direction has been great!! Once all my pieces are out together with my schedule I'll be good to go!! I'm just glad I found such a great and positive person!! :)

I don't think there's anything wrong with moving slow. Gradual changes are more likely to stick imo. :flowerforyou: