Name my website/facebook/youtube channel.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    People seem to be attracted to the word transformation so perhaps something along the lines of TotalBodyTransformation (TBT).

There is already one of those unfortunately as that was a good one imo.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    BodySculpt
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    You seem to have a very evidence-based scientific approach to fitness which you could play up -- maybe something like Method Fitness or Smart Strength.

Or, if you like to slap your clients around a little, you could call it Smarting Strength.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Some great suggestions here already. I'd like to reiterate what others have said about having a clear market focus, and a message that will flow consistently through all of your channels and marketing themes.

If your target market is (to use the cliche) GenX and older, I agree with keeping the word Steel out of the title. A lot of marketing campaigns to this audience are built around a lack of fluff, a focus on evidence, value and benefit. This naturally fits very well with you philosophy and how you present yourself anyway.

As for the title, there's no wordplay from your name that I can think of... unless you want to go with something like PU Fitness :laugh: .

A couple of words that may resonate well with your target demographic are: real, balance, smart (or variants of).

Then, based on the way you want to take your service, do you want to use the word coaching, transformation, consulting etc. Keeping this broad means you wont be mistaken for a PT.

Real Life Transformations
    Food, Fitness, Fun!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    But " Sexy pants " got my attention. Lol
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Suprisingly, Fighting Fat hasn't gone.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    real answer:

ih8shirtsfitness.com

Descamisado Fitness.

People who don't know history/Spanish will think 'ooh, exotic.' and you can giggle to yourself because your company is called shirtless fitness.

Plus, if pushed for an explanation, you can talk about how the descamisados were working people and you want to bring fitness to people who can't afford to spend oodles on a gym membership and personal trainer.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    What do you think of

ModerationFitness?
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    What do you think of

ModerationFitness?

Sounds like something for people who only want to get moderately fit. You might be able to get the same idea across with the term "balance", as someone suggested above.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    What do you think of

ModerationFitness?

honestly it's too open to interpretation. it could be taken as either a positive or a negative name

does it mean one is only going to become moderately fit? or train moderately to become fit? or what?

even adding "In" to the front only helps a little.

InModerationFitness

that's my take on it. you need something a bit more "dynamic" sounding.

maybe you can steal a term from another sort of activity and use that sort of humorously, but also in a way that makes it sound sort of kinda cool too.

just off the top of my head (as an example).

TheFitnessDojo

that might not suit your personality at all, but by stealing a term from the martial arts world it invokes all sorts of other mental images for the client. to be fair, this example also implies that martial arts may be part of your instruction. so it's bad for that reason too. but as an example to illustrate the concept, it serves the purpose.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    ^agree with the cute *kitten*.

ModerationFitness = ZZZzzzzzzz

You have a lot more to offer than a good nap. Though a good nap is hard to beat. Hmmm.
  • SideSteel
    Thanks. Apparently nobody likes ModerationFitness (I asked other people outside the thread) so I'll scrap that idea.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Thanks. Apparently nobody likes ModerationFitness (I asked other people outside the thread) so I'll scrap that idea.

<--- smug
  • SideSteel

<--- smug

.....dammit woman
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    I get the point, I think; "Everything in Moderation" in order to make it sound not so "all or nothing" - more approachable, more reasonable/rational.

SO! Off to the thesaurus:

Temperance (temper steel, too, I like the etymological games there)
    Restraint (giggity)
    Balance
    Composure
    Equanimity (and relatives, Equity, Equitable, not Equine though)
    Constraint
    Judicious (Love the sound of Judicious Fitness, the consonance, the shared icious with delicious, makes it all sound nice)

and a whole bunch of others.

Just add Fitness to the end.

Or you could just do Body By Jake and hope you don't get sued.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Steel About Fitness

Real Fitness with Steel

PracticalFitness101
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    has anyone suggested SexyPantsFitness yet?
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Steel Body Connection, Steel Fitness Connection, Steel Body Solution, steel fitness solution. steel fitness/body transformation

I still like eat train progress as well
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    How about 'Destination Fitness'

Or 'Destination: Fit'
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    something around the concept of 'fit4life' (thinking it's not about an end goal in itself but fitting in around the realities of your target demographic's busy lives)?

fitness through wisdom

balanced fitness solution

future proof fitness

but I think your (real!) name is probably the 'sensible' way to go. Unless you want to get puntastic about it like half the hairdressing salons do.
This discussion has been closed.