coconut butter uses?

Options
jennaworksout
jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
Bought coconut butter by mistake, what can you do with it? besides eat out of jar lol ...seems like alot of sweets you can make, but rather not . any suggestions??

Replies

• CarmeloCortez
    Options
    I add a tablespoon to my morning coffee. I also like to add a tablespoon to a baked sweet potato. I imaging it would taste good on some steamed carrots or warmed berries as well.

More suggestions:

http://balancedbites.com/2010/12/what-the-heck-can-i-do-with-coconut-butter.html
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I dip apples in it and drizzle over banana's!!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    do you melt it all the time?, from jar is gross bleghhhhh
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    It separates. Pop it in the microwave (or under hot water) for about 20 seconds and stir it up. It is then creamy like peanut butter.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    fat bombs!
    if you eat cream cheese I make some with coconut butter,coconut oil,nut butter (I make my own and a blend of nuts ..almonds and cashew is my personal fav),cream cheese,cinnamon,raw shredded coconut and if you desire,a couple of drops of something sweet..I don't feel it needs it.
    Melt coconut oil in a double boiler..I then add in coconut butter and nut butter and the heat melds it together better.I then stir in cream cheese and the other bits.I use 2 spoons to make a dollop and put them in mini,mini cupcake liners and pop them in the fridge and they are good to go.
    I also love adding coconut butter to greek yogurt with other bits..like pomegranate seeds.