Where Are You From? What do you do there?

Options

Replies

• rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    Born, raised, and university in WI. Then to Phoenix,AZ for my 20's, Portland, OR for my 30's, and back to the Midwest... Chicago area, since 2000. I must say, OR was my favorite area. I'm an Occupational Therapist by background, currently in administration in Neurosciences. I also teach online with the University of Phoenix. I had my RNY July 26, 2013 and am very happy with the structure and results that it has helped me accomplish. I've been on MFP since early in 2013 when I began the process of looking into WLS and doing all of the preliminary work ups. This is also an amazing tool to help us all towards the successes we are earning. You are some of the most courageous, honest, and decent people I talk with!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    From Southaven,MS. Just across the border from Memphis,TN. I had RNY on 4/9/2012. I have lost a total of 140lbs, I gained back quite a bit due to stress eating. But working had to get that back under control. I am a Registered Nurse in the ICU.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    From Southaven,MS. Just across the border from Memphis,TN. I had RNY on 4/9/2012. I have lost a total of 140lbs, I gained back quite a bit due to stress eating. But working had to get that back under control. I am a Registered Nurse in the ICU.
    You got this Jim!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Hi All!
    Born, raised, and university in WI. Then to Phoenix,AZ for my 20's, Portland, OR for my 30's, and back to the Midwest... Chicago area, since 2000. I must say, OR was my favorite area. I'm an Occupational Therapist by background, currently in administration in Neurosciences. I also teach online with the University of Phoenix. I had my RNY July 26, 2013 and am very happy with the structure and results that it has helped me accomplish. I've been on MFP since early in 2013 when I began the process of looking into WLS and doing all of the preliminary work ups. This is also an amazing tool to help us all towards the successes we are earning. You are some of the most courageous, honest, and decent people I talk with!
    Congrats on your success thus far! :flowerforyou:
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    I am from way down south. 18 month post op bypass and loving it. I work as a nurse practitioner. Married, 4 kids and love to cook and love sports.
    I showed your before and after to my almost 6 year old, her eyes popped out of her head! Such an amazing transformation! :drinker:
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    I live around Wilmington, NC. I had RNY and 5 years out. I have two Sons and they each have me a Granddaughter one who is 2 yrs and one who is 3 months old. I love being a Grandma!!! I'm a Wildlife/Nature Photographer and I love being outdoors and enjoying what God has made.
    I bet those cute grandbaby's get their fair share of your camera's attention as well!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Long Island, NY checking in. Born and rasied on LI, stationed a few years in Virginia. I am a proud railroader, was sleeved 9/26 and have not weighed this little since my days in Virginia! Feeling great - strong and energetic.
  • Daisyboohoo
    Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am from (sunny) South Africa...

With my husband, we have a digital media company... We just went through a bit of a (very) bad patch with our business, but things are starting to look better. We still have a few months that will be difficult, but we believe that things will start to change now!

We commute between two big cities that is 1400km apart - Cape Town and Johannesburg. We have offices in both these cities - we are in Cape Town for two weeks and then we travel to Johannesburg for two weeks again...
    Wow South Africa!
    How is the weather there this time of year?

Very very hot! But I am not complaining! I love the sunny weather.... We are hearing about the cold weather in the US! We are very fortunate here in SA to not have the extreme weather conditions folks in the US have....
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Long Island, NY checking in. Born and rasied on LI, stationed a few years in Virginia. I am a proud railroader, was sleeved 9/26 and have not weighed this little since my days in Virginia! Feeling great - strong and energetic.
    FANTASTIC RESULTS! You go boy!!!:drinker:
  • barneygirl
    barneygirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Born in Downtown Denver, CO. Now live in a very small Mountain town 7600 ft. up. I got a lapband in Dec. 2008 and love it. I work at a Veternarian office and w/ several animal:drinker: shelters( volunteer) and am FINALLY starting to workout!!! I am basically a big but happy dork. 2 boys 1 daughter 1 husband 2 dogs 5 cats.
  • aspeed911
    Options
    Thanks JenaOnTrak74! it stil blows my mind. I have a lot of patients that dont recognize me between their visits even a few months apart. I have quite a few before and afters that are pretty crazy. Most are with the same "before pic" because you know i hid from the camera as much as possible back then.. I just about had a fit when my husband found that one he had taken with his phone that I had forgotten about. Now I guess I'm glad to have it
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Originally from western Pennsylvania. Have lived in DC, San Francisco, Hawaii, then in Maine for 30+ years. Retired from nursing 3 years ago, then moved to eastern PA. Have 3 grown children and 2 fur balls---a cat and a type A domineering Yorkie. I had RNY 2 years ago---wish I had done it years ago!!! I love my new active retired life.... it's a whole new world. The surgery was a wonderful tool, but food will always be a daily struggle.
    Have really enjoyed the wisdom, experiences and advice of folks on My Fitness Pal. Thank you all, for sharing---unbelievably helpful!
  • veragaye
    Options
    I'm from Cody, Wyoming, in NW Wyoming...we're about 45 miles from the eastgate of Yellowstone Park. In 2005 I had gastric bypass surgery performed by Dr. Dennis Lewis who has been my friend and cheerleader all this time, as he does with all his patients. After all this time I've done pretty well foodwise...I've really slowed down on my exercise because of a knee I need to get replaced, but I still push the walking as best I can. At my heaviest I was 400 lbs, my lowest after bypass was 135. All this time I rarely got on a scale and based any gains on how my pants fit! I've increased my sizes from a 10 to a slightly snug 14 and I'd like to drop the puffiness and sluggish feelings and move!

I'm thinking about doing the 5-day pouch test to get started, sort of a sluffing off so to speak and then get back to increasing my protein and lowering my carb intake. I've never looked at my weight loss as a free ticket to health, but a blessing. I am ready to get back into modifing my eating behaviors.

I took the opportunity to join a team at work for a "losing it at work" promotion that they are having. I weighed in and wow! I was disappointed but not discouraged because the weight loss I'm seeking is far less that pre-gastric, but still important to get down to being able to feel healthy and happy! Good luck everyone. I'd be happy to share anything I can to assist anyone getting ready to undertake the surgery...its truly a gift!
  • taylormomto6
    Options
    I'm in Taft, Ca., am a married mother of six kids ages 30-13 and sell clothing full time on Ebay.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    I'm from Cody, Wyoming, in NW Wyoming...we're about 45 miles from the eastgate of Yellowstone Park. In 2005 I had gastric bypass surgery performed by Dr. Dennis Lewis who has been my friend and cheerleader all this time, as he does with all his patients. After all this time I've done pretty well foodwise...I've really slowed down on my exercise because of a knee I need to get replaced, but I still push the walking as best I can. At my heaviest I was 400 lbs, my lowest after bypass was 135. All this time I rarely got on a scale and based any gains on how my pants fit! I've increased my sizes from a 10 to a slightly snug 14 and I'd like to drop the puffiness and sluggish feelings and move!

I'm thinking about doing the 5-day pouch test to get started, sort of a sluffing off so to speak and then get back to increasing my protein and lowering my carb intake. I've never looked at my weight loss as a free ticket to health, but a blessing. I am ready to get back into modifing my eating behaviors.

I took the opportunity to join a team at work for a "losing it at work" promotion that they are having. I weighed in and wow! I was disappointed but not discouraged because the weight loss I'm seeking is far less that pre-gastric, but still important to get down to being able to feel healthy and happy! Good luck everyone. I'd be happy to share anything I can to assist anyone getting ready to undertake the surgery...its truly a gift!

Love your attitude! Let us know how your "competition" goes!
  • veragaye
    Options
    I will, thanks! Friday will be my 2nd weigh in...so I'm hoping for a lose. I'm still trying to adjust my eating patterns, decided not to try the 5-day pouch test yet...but I am going back to 5 small meals a day. Take care have a beautiful day!
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Been a member for a while and never really checked in so I guess that's time to change. My name is Karen i'm 33 from west burbs of Chicago. I had RNY on 3/6/13 and doing pretty well so far. I have been an athlete my whole life and when i gained all my weight, it became so difficult for me to play but now I'm totally involved in every night of leagues that I can get into on top of going to the gym and lifting. I'm hoping to get the muscles back that I had when I was in college playing volleyball and softball. I am single, have 1 cat, I have a boyfriend, who is a terrible influence because he eats like a horse and is in terrific shape. When we go out, he eats all his food and of course, I don't finish my meal so he eats that too. I hate him sometimes but I have been making healthy food and he's liking it so it's getting better ;) it's entirely unfair that he lives on carbs and eats worse than I ever did and has a 6 pack. that's garbage. Also, I love playing sports. I am currently on a weight plateau but I have dropped 3 inches in my waist in the last month and a half so I know the working out is working since I"m getting smaller. For work, I am a Cash Manager for a global electronics manufacturer, so I'm like a banker that works for a company instead of a bank. I make the decisions on cash, investments, movements, accounts...ect... So office job does not always agree with weight loss...lol So anyways. yup .that's me :)
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Been a member for a while and never really checked in so I guess that's time to change. My name is Karen i'm 33 from west burbs of Chicago. I had RNY on 3/6/13 and doing pretty well so far. I have been an athlete my whole life and when i gained all my weight, it became so difficult for me to play but now I'm totally involved in every night of leagues that I can get into on top of going to the gym and lifting. I'm hoping to get the muscles back that I had when I was in college playing volleyball and softball. I am single, have 1 cat, I have a boyfriend, who is a terrible influence because he eats like a horse and is in terrific shape. When we go out, he eats all his food and of course, I don't finish my meal so he eats that too. I hate him sometimes but I have been making healthy food and he's liking it so it's getting better ;) it's entirely unfair that he lives on carbs and eats worse than I ever did and has a 6 pack. that's garbage. Also, I love playing sports. I am currently on a weight plateau but I have dropped 3 inches in my waist in the last month and a half so I know the working out is working since I"m getting smaller. For work, I am a Cash Manager for a global electronics manufacturer, so I'm like a banker that works for a company instead of a bank. I make the decisions on cash, investments, movements, accounts...ect... So office job does not always agree with weight loss...lol So anyways. yup .that's me :)
    YAY for so many things!! Congratulations on your tremendous work and loss! WOW::drinker:
    I TOTALLY understand about your boyfriend! My husband is 185lbs muscles everywhere and eats fried food all the time! :sad: :sad: Even if he gains a few pounds he just has to THINK about losing it and its gone!
    So excited for you gettting to do all the activies you love, once again!
    Thanks for posting!:flowerforyou:
  • izzane
    izzane Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Izzane also from sunny south-Africa, i live in Pretoria. I had my bypass June 2008 and lost 121lb (that is 55kg) i became housewife after my youngest was born because the doctors reckon that she wasnt going to be normal but she is as normal as can be and very clever. after she started pre school i decided to start my own business and i have a bakery. i do wedding cakes and birthday cakes and so on. Not the best thing to do with having the op, but after i gotten sick a few times of tasting and eating i dont even taste anymore it doesnt bother me now. I have 2 girls one 7 and one 14. Been Married for 16 years, my husband supported me all the way and still do now that i decided to take a 12 week body transformation challenge.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Hi I'm Izzane also from sunny south-Africa, i live in Pretoria. I had my bypass June 2008 and lost 121lb (that is 55kg) i became housewife after my youngest was born because the doctors reckon that she wasnt going to be normal but she is as normal as can be and very clever. after she started pre school i decided to start my own business and i have a bakery. i do wedding cakes and birthday cakes and so on. Not the best thing to do with having the op, but after i gotten sick a few times of tasting and eating i dont even taste anymore it doesnt bother me now. I have 2 girls one 7 and one 14. Been Married for 16 years, my husband supported me all the way and still do now that i decided to take a 12 week body transformation challenge.
    WELCOME! :flowerforyou:
    Sounds like a wonderful life :love: