First week thoughts?

Options
many of you will be coming up to your first rest day (i celebrated by doing a hip hop abs workout!)

so what are your thoughts so far?

i've been here before and all i can really say (which wont help much) is that it gets easier.

at least, the first stage will.

then the second stage will come and totally kick your butt! seriously!! :)

hopefully by then though, you'll have started to notice changes in your life. whether it be more energy, clothes starting to get too big, or just comments from people saying "have you lost weight?"

once you're into that phase, the pain and suffering you've been / going through, is totally and utterly worth it!

you will not be disappoint! :P

Replies

• RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Really good!

I am generally feeling a little less sore all over - I am no longer making old man noises/saying ow ow ow whenever I move. It doesn't hurt to breathe anymore.

I actually did two insanity work outs yesterday (so that my rest days would be on a Sunday from now on). I have started drinking whey protein post work out which seems to help muscle repair.

I am almost looking forward to the workouts (well, the stretching bit after the warmup when I am raining sweat).

May have told Shaun T to feck off a couple of times though.

Already noticing more definition in my limbs and midsection.
  • squid1979
    squid1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going pretty well.

The workouts are hard but, like RonnieLodge, I'm not feeling so sore anymore. Although I do still have a bit of a sore shoulder. I've been able to mostly avoid pressing pause on the videos.

I've also been trying to do as much of my regular exercise as possible. I've been doing a bit of cycling (27km yesterday) and I'm still going to the gym a couple times a week. I'm also doing yoga every day for extra stretching. My flexibility is very poor and needs improvement.

I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit this morning before eating, which was a big mistake. I really struggled to keep going.

I think I'm noticing a bit of definition in my medsection. With the added exercise, I've been having trouble eating enough, and keeping fat to 20% is not as easy as I though it would be.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Well I took my rest day Thursday or friday.. I wasn't feeling great so I just didn't work out that day... So I'll be working out today.. I love pushing my self harder with each work out and bout half way through I'm cussing Shaun T and I'm sure he knows it as loud as I am doing it(My husband can hear me over the living room TV)I'm ready to get home now and work out... Lets get this going!!!