Hello

How is everyone doing?

Replies

• Hey, just joined. What do I have to do?
  • Weigh in today. I am waiting for a few of my friends to join, too. Check out the link I posted in the notes of the group and let me know what you think about the points thing. Of course we won't do money, but it will give us an added push. Let me know.

k
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    I think something like that could be a lot of fun. I know I push myself harder in anything if there's competition.
  • I would do that challenge. It would be some work to define how we earn points wouldn't it? We would have to define sugary treat. Like....is it fruit? I can't give up fruit. :-)
  • Pam if you go to the link they have on that page (it says here) you can see how they do the points. Also, Demorelli how did you get your weight lost thing on the bottom of you message. I want that. Obvi, I am new to this. :-)

K
  • mettfam
    mettfam Posts: 21 Member
    I'm in! I want to be a Skinny *****- lol!

Or at least a lighter me ????
  • WEHOO!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Hi everyone! This looks like fun and motivating!!
  • rlallain
    rlallain Posts: 376 Member
    I love going through this journey with other people alongside me! That said, I joined a similar challenge in the fall and participation was horrible after the 3rd week and there was no dialogue to keep people motivated and supporting each other. I hope this group is different! Maybe challenge everyone to add at least one comment a week - a tiny accomplishment, a bad thing you did / ate (have to hold ourselves accountable!), how you keep up your motivation, any new activities or exercises you've tried that you love / hate.... Thanks!!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    I love your suggestions rlallain! What are everyones goals here?

Personally, I've decided to be less strict than I have been in the past with trying to lose weight...1 lb a week (instead of the usual goal of 2), which means 1,330 calories a day (instead of 1,200). I am hoping this will help me stay on the path instead of get burned out from trying to do it as fast as possible. It's amazing what an extra 130 calories a day can mean :-) dinner AND a glass of red wine (or two)!

I have to check my weight tomorrow morning but I'm somewhere in the range of 160 with a goal of 140.
  • DanaMarie05
    DanaMarie05 Posts: 3 Member
    This is my first attempt at doing a discussion board/group. I just started my weight loss journey on January 1st and my goal is to lose 50 pounds by May (I want to be 130 pounds). I am 2.6 pounds down, and starting this week I am at 177.4. I am also into earning points for my good habits. My small goal is 10 pounds a month, but I think I will blow that out of the water this month. I've cut out all fast food, soda, alcohol, and anything I haven't made from scratch. I am also working out four days hard a week and light on the other 3.

Obviously, my name is Dana. I am 27 years old and this is going to the be the summer I get back to my 21 year old size. Let's do this ladies! :drinker:

54741974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Just joined...I'm starting Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" tomorrow. Staring weight is 153 lbs, ugghh. I want to get to 130 lbs. I've never tracked my food before so that will be interesting. I've got four kids and sit in front of a computer all day. I also turned 40 this year and I'm in a bit of denial about it. If I don't turn it around soon I'm just going to be fat and gross for life :( and I really don't want that to happen. So good luck girls....and I'll touch base in the morning after my first work out. Wish me luck!