Hey hey hey

Options
eleeseeC
eleeseeC Posts: 21 Member
Hey ladies,

I started this group on here, thinking we could give each other some accountability here, where our food and exercise diaries can be viewed. And post pictures, etc.

Replies

• jarbatz
    jarbatz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nice! I have so many new obstacles to face this time around, it will be helpful to bounce questions off you guys. Before when I had no kids or even when I only had Brenna, I was able to find the time to be really dedicated to all that it takes to be successful at weight loss. But now I feel like I'm on a whole different playing field. 2 kids, larger house (i.e. more cleaning/maintenance), more demands at work....how do women do it all???
  • eleeseeC
    eleeseeC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel you, Liz. After Caroline was born, I managed to drop the weight I gained but since having two, I just can't get it together. Finding time to exercise and make healthy food without resorting to convenience stuff is an equation I haven't figured out yet. I always managed to give my kids healthy stuff (mostly) and then sacrifice myself because I don't have time to pack a proper lunch. Or I'm just too tired to care at the end of the day.
  • jarbatz
    jarbatz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes exactly. I used to scoff when I read things like "take time for yourself" and "make yourself a priority". As if anyone could not have time for themselves! But at the time, I had all the time in the world for myself and had no other priorities other than myself. Now I get it. And after putting the kids first, I am just plain exhausted. I don't even sit down to eat meals anymore. I eat them standing at the island. Or shoveling something in while I'm feeding Ian that I don't even realize I've eaten anything. The catch is that the exhaustion would be reduced if I was healthier, eating better and getting more sleep. It's a catch 22. There are mothers who do it though...so it can't be impossible.
  • piranha54
    Options
    amen. It is totally different from when i lost weight and kept it off.