Why does the time drag?

Options
jarbatz
jarbatz Posts: 29 Member
I seriously feel like I started my new "lifestyle" (aka "diet" but that's a bad word, right?) like 2 weeks ago and I should be down 10 lbs by now. LOL! Seriously though...in the beginning, doesn't every minute that you get through w/o falling off feel like an eternity? Maybe I just spend too much time thinking about food but before you get into your *groove* you have to think about what you're going to eat so you don't make bad choices. Yesterday was the first day I successfully completed start to finish in MONTHS and it felt good going to bed and waking up this AM. But it was the longest day ever. I know it gets better but man, is the beginning hard. This weekend will be toughest, I predict.

Replies

• nisems
    nisems Posts: 9
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree. I stalk MFP constantly, because looking at my food diary will clearly make me skinny and fit. right?!? yeah, no.

I also feel myself wanting to weigh myself constantly, which I know is terrible. I feel so proud of myself for being "on program" for two whole days, that clearly I should now weigh 145. right?!? again, NO.

**sigh**

I'm dreading the weekend. I'm hoping to get out and do some kind of exercise, even if it is just a long walk with Brody in the stroller. I find if I'm exercising, I want to eat better.

Hang in there. If it makes you feel better, you're farther through the day than me. It isn't even noon here and I want to eat lunch SO bad.
  • jarbatz
    jarbatz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes! Exactly! I seriously woke up this morning and thought about weighing myself as if one successful day would show drastic results on the scale. And I look at my food diary every 10 minutes. LOL

I am dreading the weekend too kind of - we are taking Brenna to see Disney on Ice and then we will take her to lunch. And in my world, eating a restaurant does not mean eating healthy. Sure - you CAN order something healthy but why the hell would anyone do that?? How boring. So that should be interesting....

I was thinking about working from home tomorrow but seriously doubt my ability to stay in my house, all day, alone, and stay in control.

I HATE THIS!!!! I feel better already...but I still hate it.
  • nisems
    nisems Posts: 9
    Options
    I have to admit that I do feel good though. I feel in control, which is a feeling I haven't had in a while. a LOOOONG while.

Have fun at Disney on Ice! Olivia wants to go to that really bad. I'll need a review please. =) If you can be stringent with your calories in the morning and evening, maybe you can splurge a bit at lunch. I'm the same way, if I'm eating out, I want to EAT.