minimum requirements for each level

Options
I saw these a while ago, and now for the life of me I can't find them! Where can I find them? I'm about to complete beginner program and wondering if I'm ready to try intermediate or not, thanks! :)

Replies

• RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    listed in the book, p 142, right before the program descriptions.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually only use the app and don't have access to the book :x is there anywhere online I can find this info?
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    There used to be a forum post on the marklauren.com website about this, but with the overhaul of the website it kind of got lost somewhere.

My version of the book does NOT have those for some reason, so I'm going off of memory here.

I think the requirements for the Intermediate program was something along the lines of 10 push-ups, 10 let me ups with straight legs (which I've done the program and still can't do, but probably because my setup was awkard) and like 10 side lunges in a row. If you've ever worked out much in your life before you might be better off going to the intermediate program and just subbing in easier exercises for the ones where you can't keep good form.

If you start and find it too hard, go back down a level. If it's just one exercise giving you grief, sub it in for the easier version. :)
  • aubyshortcake
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that! I'm not sure how well I do on the straight leg let me ups, I've had to sub the bent leg back in because otherwise my table will topple over on me lol XD, I need to figure something out. Thanks again, starting on monday!
  • andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When you choose a ten week program in the app, you can click in the little i symbol to see the requirements.
  • RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    sorry, here it is for reference:

To begin the 1st class program:
    10 pushups with two second pause at top and bottom
    10 let me ups with legs straight and feet on ground
    15 back lunges on each leg with three second pause at bottom
    hold a static push up position for 1 minute

krokador: it sounds like you've been doing this for a while. Did you start with the basic program? when you finished it did you repeat it or push on to the next?
  • aubyshortcake
    Options
    When you choose a ten week program in the app, you can click in the little i symbol to see the requirements.

Doh! lol I feel smart

thank you all :)
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    krokador: it sounds like you've been doing this for a while. Did you start with the basic program? when you finished it did you repeat it or push on to the next?

I first started doing yayog in january 2012 I think? It took me about half the year to get through the beginner program (had a false start, decided to go back to the beginning at the time). I then took time off of it and began looking at workout dvds and stuff, started mixing it up, then in january 2013 I wanted a challenge so I did 1st class mixed in with Tapout XT dvd workouts for more cardio. I had a hard time with some of the moves, but found subbing them in or using asdsistance was better than going back to the previous level.

Then I joined a gym in june last year so haven't really been doing that much bodyweight since. Have been digging up some of the workouts once in a while though (mostly stappers. Cuz they're quick, full body and definitely get your sweat on.)

I'm a bit ADD when it comes to workout programs though, I'll admit. I'll stick to it all the way, but there's no way I'm repeating the same thing over twice in arow! lol
  • ithink2020
    ithink2020 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know RTheHutt already posted the minimums for 1st class, but I figured I'd post the others here, just in case someone else is looking:

Master Class:
    16 One Arm Push Ups with hands elevated on mid-thigh surface, 8 reps on each side
    5 Pull Ups with 2s pause top and bottom
    24 Alternating One Legged Squats, butt down just below knees
    Hold a static Push Up position for 3 minutes.

Chief Class:
    16 One Arm Push Ups, 8 each side
    12 Pull Ups with 1 second pause top and bottom
    24 Alternating Pistols, 12 each side
    Hold a static Push Up position for 5 minutes.

I found these listed in the android app someplace.

Matt
    Friend me here on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ithink2020
    Follow me On Twitter: @MatthewASchmitt
    My Blog: http://ithink2020.blogspot.com/
  • Texm1972
    Options
    I can hit pretty much all the requirements for master except for the static Pushup hold for 3 mins. I collapse at around 2m 30 secs. Going to start with 1st Class anyway and if any of the exercises are too easy i will just sub them with others
  • ithink2020
    ithink2020 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can hit pretty much all the requirements for master except for the static Pushup hold for 3 mins. I collapse at around 2m 30 secs. Going to start with 1st Class anyway and if any of the exercises are too easy i will just sub them with others

While doing the 1st class, you might want to try the 30 day Plank Challenge as well:

http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-plank-challenge/

Matt
    Friend me here on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ithink2020
    Follow me On Twitter: @MatthewASchmitt
    My Blog: http://ithink2020.blogspot.com/