I has anyone had problems with the one touch meters?

Options
fishbarn
fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
Has anyone had problems with the one touch meters or that bran of testing supplies?

Replies

• Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the One Touch Ultra Mini, and my meter consistently reads 10 points higher than the doctors tests.
    We tested it against a lab run test and their meter in the office, all run on the same sample. Their tests match and mine was 10 points higher. We tested it two different times with the same results.

What kind of problems are you having?
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My Insurance Company is making me change to the one touch testing supplies. I just wanted to know if anyone had any problems with the one touch supplies & meter.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,659 Member
    Options
    I have a One Touch and have no problems. However, on the BBC website there was a news article about a recall on several of their models a few months ago. My model was not affected. Would do a search at BBC.
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have used a lot...One Touch is my personal favorite. It does not rate the highest...but it is fine. I had the most trouble with Ascentia Contour. I have 50 swings in either direction from the same sample.

A 20 point swing is possible even on an accurate meter. Quite a bit of variance in my opinion. But in general you are fine. If you can, get a delica lancet to go with it. That little puppy I am married to. :-) It is much smaller of a little needle.
  • awelmore
    awelmore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have had good luck with the one touch, but changing the battery about every 6 months is a good idea. Don't wait for them to go completely dead. You will get more accurate readings with fresh batteries.
  • Taith
    Taith Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The Ultramini and the Ultra2 do not meet the new 2013 ISO standards. The Verio IQ and Verio Sync do.

I tested the Ultras against my old Accu-Chek Nano (also compliant with the 2013 standards) and the Ultras were off. I was not comfortable with the differences.