Prediabetic

Options
HELP! I'm prediabetic and need tips for low cars/sugar free diet

Replies

• Pinklantana
    Pinklantana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Any kind of grilled meat, don't be afraid of fat. I keep bacon, avocados, cream cheese, eggs, butter and whipping cream on hand. Saute vegetables in a little butter and you can add a tad of whipping cream and make a nice satisfying sauce. Just cut out bad carbs like bread, rice, potatoes and pasta. Cauliflower and cabbage are really good starch subs, Good luck! Also use only sodas that us stevia.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you google LCHF you will find great information.
  • angelaneale
    angelaneale Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Check out dietdoctor.com.
  • Chris_B62
    Chris_B62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Turquoisegal.
    I have lost 28 pounds eating a ketogenic lifestyle. Very low carbohydrates. I am DM-II and my blood sugars have stabilized by eating this way. I plan on making an appt with my PCP later this month to check on my A1C. My last one about 6 months ago was a whopping 11.6. Scared the **** out of me. My diary is open if you are looking for ideas. You can drop me a FR if you would like.
  • Turquoisegal
    Turquoisegal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Any kind of grilled meat, don't be afraid of fat. I keep bacon, avocados, cream cheese, eggs, butter and whipping cream on hand. Saute vegetables in a little butter and you can add a tad of whipping cream and make a nice satisfying sauce. Just cut out bad carbs like bread, rice, potatoes and pasta. Cauliflower and cabbage are really good starch subs, Good luck! Also use only sodas that us stevia.
  • Turquoisegal
    Turquoisegal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies
  • bidgiewidgie
    Options
    I just had a look at Chris_B62's diary and wow, Chris, you are awesome, look at how low those carbs are! and looks like a very controlled amount of calories too. You must have great self disciple. Good on you and keep it up!!!

OP, if you haven't done so already, have a look at Chris' diary for some inspiration - it definitely just inspired me!
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options