Keto smoothies/drinks?

Options
tastethis
tastethis Posts: 68 Member
I just bought a personal blender and I'm looking for ideas to make drinks. Alcholic, bpc, smoothies, etc. All recipes or suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• SlyGirl67
    Options
    I make cocoa with 1 cup heavy cream, 1 T butter, 1 T coconut oil, 1 T cocoa powder, a dash of vanilla and a couple drops of stevia. Very filling, but oh so yummy!

I heat it up the cream, butter and coconut oil in the microwave and then add the rest and mix with immersion blender.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a creamy soup gal. I love to boil some veg in chicken broth, throw it in a blender, get it as creamy as possible, and then maybe add some cream and or olive oil to finish it off. Today, I did this with chicken broth and yellow zucchini. I boiled the zucchini in the broth until it was fork tender, then blended it until creamy texture and then added cream at the end. Omg the soup was delish!!!!
  • cbeet
    cbeet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i use my blender for bulletproof coffee (coffee + coconut oil + maybe a torani sugarfree syrup) and these two:

http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-cream-of-spinach-soup-430507

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/beverages/r/locarbmargarita.htm (with ice)
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a creamy soup gal. I love to boil some veg in chicken broth, throw it in a blender, get it as creamy as possible, and then maybe add some cream and or olive oil to finish it off. Today, I did this with chicken broth and yellow zucchini. I boiled the zucchini in the broth until it was fork tender, then blended it until creamy texture and then added cream at the end. Omg the soup was delish!!!!

What a great idea! I get so tired of brothy soups....making it creamy from the veg sounds so good!!! Doing it. :)
  • stevieo331
    stevieo331 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like some smoothie ideas! I do my soup this way as well, its yummy!
  • mutantatoms
    Options
    If you have an Ideal Protein dealer near you...a low carb option that I like is to get a IP vanilla packet, about 2-3 cups of iceberg lettuce OR 2-3 cups spinach, 1.5c water...blend that till liquefied and then add ice to about 750-900ml on the blender. It takes me awhile to get to the bottom, is sweet, and you can add 1 tsp sugar free Metamucil to increase the fiber even further. I've tried it with mixed lettuce greens but it was a little bitter. It looks funny (very green!) but tastes good!