Do you supplement with extra cardio or lifting?

Options
astronut96
astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
Looking for ideas & thoughts and just curious what others are doing. I keep meaning to get in extra cardio or strength but the only day I've managed to do it is on my off day. I have to admit that I do that mainly because eating only 1200 calories with no bonus for exercise is daunting since I love food!

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Why are you not giving yourself some calories for the workouts? My Bodymedia gives me about 100 cals for the workouts, which I feel is low. Back when I was using a heart rate monitor, it gave me about 160 calories for 30 day shred and comparable workouts. If you log it under circuit training on MFP it will be a similar number. (Btw I weigh 125 lbs if that helps you see where you might fall)

I would give yourself at least 100 calories on your non-cardio days.

As for doing extra, I simply don't have the time. If it were summer (I am a teacher), I would probably try adding a few more short runs, mostly because I am really missing my runs, but I just can't fit In more now. That is one reason I chose this program.
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks tigerblue. I log all of my JMBR workouts, but if I do any extra I don't log that. Time is an issue here too but I guess after reading some of the threads I'm curious if others feel the need to do more.
  • yujinclara
    Options
    I do try to do some extra cardio just so I can eat a bit more. I LOVE food and find it impossible to live on 1200 calories.
    It's only my week 2 but I have supplemented with additional 30min cardio per day. Sometimes I do a bit more, some times I do a bit less. So far, I'm actually not losing any weight though. My husband definitely thinks my body is changing but hard to tell just now. I guess I'll see how I track at the end of the month to see how much progress has been made.
  • kri1977
    kri1977 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not really but I hardly have the off day and I bike a lot more everywhere also pulling he kids trailer which is great excercise:-)