VENT NOT EAT

Options
just like the title says a place to vent, scream, cry, talk.. feel your emotions instead of burying them with food.. you know after you eat and binge the emotions are still there.. so why not find a better way to deal with them.

i am a good listener.. i give great virtual hugs as well.. my door is open..

Replies

• Mother_Warrior
    Mother_Warrior Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've decided that if I am "having a moment" that instead of sitting and dwelling on it or worse... EATING!.... I am going to go for a walk (either outside weather permitting, or on the treadmill) and hopefully I learn a new way of dealing with things. :)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    awesome.. distraction.. 20 min and the urge to eat leaves.. you rock!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    This thread is a great idea!! It's nice to have a place to vent sometimes but more importantly if others are posting how they cope with stress, we may learn some new ways to deal with stress in our own lives!!
  • Misty2024
    Misty2024 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well I. Haven't weighed myself since Thanksgiving I was afraid and yes I gained 6lb since thanksgiving ......ugh! Had to readjust my weight loss ticker! Weird thing is I am still losing inches I can tell with my pants/ belt ....what the heck!
    I did start taking a pre work out drink wonder if that is doing it ...I was told might be muscle since I am losing inches...but I want the scale to go down too....any advise...should I stop taking pre work out drink...it's Cellucor C4 with NO3....advise needed also feel free to look at my diary and exercise diary. Remember inches loosing but gained 6 lbs since November
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    i would stop the drink.. add in more fruits, veg. especially greens beans focus on real foods. that's what i do.. see how that works for you.. if your losing inches you could be gaining muscle as well, but see how stopping the drink helps.
  • Mother_Warrior
    Options
    So I am starting to second guess my decision to get a dog. I want to get a dog, and have wanted to get a dog for awhile.... and now I have the opportunity to get a dog that would be perfect for our family and I am now starting to second guess it all. And so since I am all over the place with stress and uncertainty on this one I am starting to think "OH to heck with this diet, give me a pizza!" Which only pisses me off further that I am allowing this stress to get to me this way and I refuse to stress eat, which just makes for a much more pissed off me. SOOOOOO now I think I am going to just put on some workout clothes and go workout.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    follow your heart about the puppy.. im proud of you for working out instead of eating.. you got this!
  • Mother_Warrior
    Options
    So I got on the treadmill and did 20 minutes BRISKLY walking. I'm gradually training myself to react better to stress and anxiety. When I got done with exercising I sat back down at the desk and called the breeder again and this time they answered and we set up an appointment to go pick up the dog tomorrow morning. I think honestly I just needed to be really sure that this is what I wanted to do and not that I am being bewitched by the cuteness of the puppy! ;)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    congrats on both accounts!
  • Misty2024
    Options
    I will stop the pre work out drink and see what happens that is really the only thing I did different....my trainer told me to start adding weight training into my workouts and eat a little more complex carbs ( yams) lower my protein down to 45 grams a day ( since I'm not running a marathon or body building don't need more then 45 grams a day of protein) so think I will do that too....I didn't tell my trainer I was taking the pre work out drink don't think he would of went for that lol sooo I will stop it ;)
    Thanks for the advise....advice and tips always welcome :)
    Oh I get a lot of broccoli and Brussels sprouts but will add green beans to my diet too :)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    not green beans.. greens - kale spinach and so on and beans are great protein.
  • Misty2024
    Options
    LOL....oops I thought you said green beans, I was thinking what's so special about green beans vs regular green vegis but ok ..
    Oops I feel stupid :blushing:
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    naa i probably didnt put a comma lol
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    i would stop the drink.. add in more fruits, veg. especially greens beans focus on real foods. that's what i do.. see how that works for you.. if your losing inches you could be gaining muscle as well, but see how stopping the drink helps.

nope i didnt
  • beckanai
    Options
    Oh I missed this yesterday!! I so could have used it!

Now I know for future reference!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    anytime beck.. i find sometimes if i get something out i feel better and can move past it.
  • jennhill310
    Options
    So upset right now. Just weighed myself for the weekly weight in and I GAINED 2 pounds!! What the heck
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    jenn breathe.. look at your foods and exercise.. what are you missing.. are you loging everything accurately.. what plan you eating?
  • jennhill310
    Options
    I'm using the plan that my dietician gave me. she said to try to stay under 500 calories per main meal and snacks need to stay under 150 calories. Small amounts of meat and lots of veggies and fruit. She did say it was ok to have some small treats every now and than.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm using the plan that my dietician gave me. she said to try to stay under 500 calories per main meal and snacks need to stay under 150 calories. Small amounts of meat and lots of veggies and fruit. She did say it was ok to have some small treats every now and than.

I looked at your profile page and read it but can't look at your diary. With a pre-diabetes diagnosis I'm surprised they're not pushing protein more. Veggies are typically fine, mostly on the green side not so much corn etc bc of the natural sugar and fruit has A LOT of natural sugar in it too.

I haven't been tested in a couple years but I had gestational diabetes and family history of type II diabetes. I can tell when I eat wrong, my fingers swell, my toes get numb, I get headaches and my vision gets blurry. I really limit my carbs and while I do eat fruit it's usually just once or twice a day. If you look at my diary I almost always go over on fats and proteins but I feel best when I eat that way and I've had NO diabetes-type symptoms in over a week!!

Anyway, I sent you a friend request, my diary is open to friends! Good luck!! :flowerforyou: