Week 1 Challenge

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
Hi Guys!!! I hope you guys are ready to join me on this 12 week adventure. I have uploaded a youtube video with this week's challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCoobhHClfM&list=HL1389651413&feature=mh_lolz

For those of you that do not have access to the video, here is the breakdown:

I would like for each of us to print out a "contract" that you can find here : http://leansecrets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/contract.pdf

Nutritional Challenge: Drink your water!!!! Check out this website: http://www.slenderkitchen.com/how-to-calculate-how-much-water-you-should-drink-a-day/ to figure out how much water you should be drinking daily.

Physical Challenge: Try to shoot for 200 minutes per week. Challenge yourself.

Post your daily accomplishments on here!!!! Good Luck to everyone and have an awesome week 1!!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• AZRunnerGirlinErie
    AZRunnerGirlinErie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Drinking water is always a challenge for me so I'm looking forward to this challenge :) Thanks!

Water - 64 oz (according to calculations I s/b @ 115 oz / day)
    Exercise - 22 minutes
  • omgsmg
    omgsmg Posts: 98
    Options
    I tried to watch your video but it says no video found, I don't know if that was just me though because I am trying to view from my phone. And the other links didn't work for me either! But I'm sure I can just Google water intake.

Can't wait to get started!
  • tracieao
    tracieao Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of water! wow -- My calculated water intake with an hour of working out this morning are:

136 ounces! I am drinking another litre of water before bed so I should be at 139 oz before sleep. Though I'll probably be up 10 times tonight to use the bathroom -- but that's exercise! :bigsmile:

Also I had no issue with the video -- it was great!

Tracie
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I did not so great on water today. I drank 68 oz but I should be drinking 122.

I rode my bike today for about 30 minutes (a rarity in January!), walked my dog (20 minutes), and went to Zumba (60 minutes).
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow I was really not getting enough water! ;-)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Sounds good! Drinking water is always a challenge for me so I'm looking forward to this challenge :) Thanks!

Water - 64 oz (according to calculations I s/b @ 115 oz / day)
    Exercise - 22 minutes

I have been slacking on the water also!!! Let's do this!!! One step at a time :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I tried to watch your video but it says no video found, I don't know if that was just me though because I am trying to view from my phone. And the other links didn't work for me either! But I'm sure I can just Google water intake.

Can't wait to get started!

Yes, I was afraid that it would not work on the phones, i will do some research and see how to get the videos on the phones also. Sorry about that.

Pam :)
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to check out the weekly challenge last night so I will do it first thing this morning. I have a nasty cold so didn't get the exercise in. I got in pretty good water, but not where it should be. I'll check out the challenge and double up efforts today... cold or no cold!:bigsmile:
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    My calculated water intake amount is 124 oz. Let's see how that goes today! I am starting off the morning with 16 oz od H20 :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to check out the weekly challenge last night so I will do it first thing this morning. I have a nasty cold so didn't get the exercise in. I got in pretty good water, but not where it should be. I'll check out the challenge and double up efforts today... cold or no cold!:bigsmile:

Hope youfeel better Mimi!!! :(
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,215 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, according to this site I should drink almost 4 liters a day!!
    And I thought that with my 8-10 glasses (2-2.5 liters) I was good...
    Okay, I will try to increase my water intake during the week, but I doubt I can reach 4 liters...

So far no exercise minutes for me (still on sick leave), but I will try to do some Pilates later.

Mimi - get well soon, and don't overdo it! I tried to be back too early and promptly had a relapse :-(
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    1/13/14
    I got in my water and did 20 minutes of boxing [punching bag]
  • Ayesha4417
    Ayesha4417 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, 172 ounces? I definitely need to increase my intake!

Went to the gym today for 30 minutes of combination cardio and strength.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,215 Member
    Options
    11 glasses and 30 minutes of Pilates :-)
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    After some debate, I dragged my butt out of bed this morning and ran on the treadmill. I made it 3.5 miles in 40 minutes. I would love to run an 11 minute mile but am firmly at 11.5 for now. I can run the first mile in 11 minutes but can't really maintain it for longer than that. One step at a time, right? Literally!!!

I am up to 68 oz. of water. I'll drink more when I get home.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Love the video
    wow cant believe how much water i should be drinking, iwas falling foul of the 8 glasses, but really pushed it up a gear today, carring my bottle with me all day, i know how many time i have to fill it to meet my quota. Driving and needing to pee dont work very well though.
    Exercise ive managed 30 mins so far.
    should be able to fit in 200 this week.
  • AZRunnerGirlinErie
    AZRunnerGirlinErie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Day 2

Water intake - 92 oz. the best I've done in awhile :)
    Exercise - 30 min (Crossfit)

Total exercise for the week: 52 minutes
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    1/14:

Water intake: 72 oz...... not nearly what I should be drinking... will try harder tomorrow!

Exercise: 45 min Spinning
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, according to this site I should drink almost 4 liters a day!!
    And I thought that with my 8-10 glasses (2-2.5 liters) I was good...
    Okay, I will try to increase my water intake during the week, but I doubt I can reach 4 liters...

So far no exercise minutes for me (still on sick leave), but I will try to do some Pilates later.

Mimi - get well soon, and don't overdo it! I tried to be back too early and promptly had a relapse :-(

Thanks for your get well wishes.:heart: It's funny how something like a ordinary cold can make a person so tired. I didn't push it today but will put in some longer workouts this week to make sure I get my 200 minutes. I ended at 86 oz. of water today.
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1/13 45 min exercise / 320zs of water
    1/14 00 min exercise / 24ozs of water

Not a good day, hopefully tomorrow will be better.