Week 1 Challenge

Replies

• sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Ok I have not been doing the water thing. Its hard to be drinking that much and not be in the bathroom all the time at work! What is the physiology of the water? Is it just to feel full? I will try tomorrow.

I am doing good on the exercise. I did 30 minutes of ellipitical and 15 minutes bike tonight.
  • tracieao
    tracieao Posts: 14 Member
    Water was definitely easier today -- Target 124 oz. and drank 128. I spread it out a lot more over the day than yesterday. Managed to convince myself to do a 9:30p in-hotel-room workout for another 30 mins.

90 mins total exercise for Days 1 & 2

:happy: :happy:
    Tracie
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    defiantly pleased with my process, 4 more lb off this week, im well on plan to meet my 12 week target. 1lb a week over next 11 weeks should be doable.
    I do have a big weekend away and a few family meals out over the next few week, but i will prepare and plan.And should be ok.
    30 more minutes of exercise today, so 60 in total so far for the week. And more to come tonight.
    Water - im trying.
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    1/14
    Stacking wood- 60 minutes, punching bag-15 minutes
    Water 10-8 oz. glasses
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    I am not reaching my water quota! But I'm drinking more than I was, so I guess that's progress. I drank a full bottle at the gym this morning and am working on another 22 oz. this morning. Here is an article about why water is important: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/6-reasons-to-drink-water

For me, I think it helps get rid of bloat. It just seems to flush things out!

I made it to the gym again this morning - yay! Today is my easy day, so I did 10 minutes on the bike to loosen up and lifted weights for 30 minutes. Last year my goal was to get my butt to the gym. This year it is to keep going to the gym and start doing more toning. So far so good!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Drinking water has never been an issue for me, but right now I'm feeling like I'm going to float away. I trying with the water, but 187 oz (plus additional workout oz) doesn't seem to work for me. I always judge my water intake by my urine output and color, so I'm going to cut back a little bit. The teacher cannot run to the bathroom every 20 minutes because she is drinking that much water :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Everyone is doing such a GREAT job with this challenge!!! YES... I agree the water intake is alot. I have yet to reach my target. Just trying to add a little more each day :)
  • aprilh47
    Been reading something about water intake and over diluting your sodium causing hyponutrinia (sorry cant spell). Apparently your body will as a rule expel excess water but if you start getting headaches you might need to cut back a bit.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,626 Member
    Mon: 8 glasses
    Tue: 11 glasses, 30 minutes Pilates
    Wed: 9 glasses, 38 minutes walking

total exercise time: 68 minutes
  • aprilh47
    Adding another 35 minutes of kick-boxing, to my tally, would have been longer but i split my trousers. ha ha.
    total 95 mins so far for the week
  • carrielynn62
    20 minute circuit, 6 minutes bike
    10-8 oz. glasses water
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    1/15 53 min exercise / 48 ozs of water:drinker:

98 minutes down = 102 minutes to go:laugh:
  • AZRunnerGirlinErie
    AZRunnerGirlinErie Posts: 98 Member
    Day 3

Water Intake: 84 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes (walking my pups)

Total min of exercise this week: 82 min
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    1/15

Water intake: 104 oz.

Exercise: 45 minutes......90 minutes so far.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    1/15

I drank 70 oz. of water.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    defiantly pleased with my process, 4 more lb off this week, im well on plan to meet my 12 week target. 1lb a week over next 11 weeks should be doable.
    I do have a big weekend away and a few family meals out over the next few week, but i will prepare and plan.And should be ok.
    30 more minutes of exercise today, so 60 in total so far for the week. And more to come tonight.
    Water - im trying.

Wow, you are rocking it! Keep up the great work and effort.
  • carrielynn62
    10-8 oz. glasses water
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    1/16

10 cups of water and 45 minutes of Zumba~
  • aprilh47
    Karate class tonight brings my total up to 155 mins. should be doing work out two of c25k tomorrow, but we'll see. then family walk again on Sunday should see me complete this weeks challenge. bought myself a fit bit zap today, not sure of it yet though. think it yet.
  • AZRunnerGirlinErie
    AZRunnerGirlinErie Posts: 98 Member
    Day 4

Water Intake - 82 oz
    Exercise - 29 minutes (Crossfit)

Total exercise this week: 111 minutes