mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Now for the eek factor - the measurements
    Name: Robin
    Sex: Female
    Height: 170
    Starting Weight: 108.3
    Starting Date: 20 Jan
    Goal Weight: ultimately 70 but for this challenge anything under 100 would make me happy - around 90 would make me ecstatic.

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 36.5
    Chest: 16E. 115.5 (chest under bust is 93.5)
    Waist: 95
    Hips: 128
    Thigh: 78 - yep thunder thighs

Starting Body Fat % (if known): unknown but guesstimate would be about 40 to 45%
    Goal Body Fat %: Simply less than the above.
    ( I will come back to this and fill it in as an edit - once I've worked it out and found tape measure)

Personal goal (written as an affirmation):

It is 14th April and I wake early and do half an hour of yoga before getting the children up for school. I am calm, relaxed and strong. For the past 12 weeks I have been keeping to my calorie goal and doing two half hour yoga sessions a day. As the weather is now cooling down I will start taking half hour walks during the day. I will gradually increase the duration of these walks to an hour a day.

I will not beat myself up if I eat something not considered to be healthy but I neither will I let myself use an occasional treat as an excuse to binge.

I will not worry if the scale takes time to catch up. I will be patient and keep logging and staying on track.

I am not on a diet. I have rather changed my eating habits, this is a permanent change.

ETA - And I need to add to the affirmation - I will not turn to food as a crutch when things go wrong. Instead I will identify the problem get it out there and do the best I can to deal with it - even if this does require the odd rant here and there.
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all here to do the Challenge!!

Name: Olivia
    Height: 173cm
    Starting Weight: 90.9kgs (lost 6 kgs so far with MFP )
    Starting Date: for this forum 20/1/14
    Goal Weight: 70kgs at least

Have a wedding in DEC 2015 so need to be trim and Beautiful :D
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Mungo..."And I need to add to the affirmation - I will not turn to food as a crutch when things go wrong. Instead I will identify the problem get it out there and do the best I can to deal with it - even if this does require the odd rant here and there. "

oohhh... this is so good!!! I need to do that too!

Ok, so I rant all the time, but I mean the not turning to food as a crutch part.

Well said.
  • lorelei68
    lorelei68 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello out there! I thought long and hard as to whether I should formally give this challenge a go or to just be a 'lurker'. Decided I need to start over coming my fears of failure and give it a go. So here I am, ready to learn, support and get lean!

Though I will say that it was decidedly strange to convert all of my stats to metric. I will get used to it! :wink:

Name: Lorelei
    Sex: I am a LayDee
    Height: 170cm
    Starting Weight: 75kg
    Starting Date: 01/20/14
    Goal Weight: 70kg

Starting Measurements: (these are important as sometimes your weight might increase, but measurements will decrease)
    Bicep: 30.5
    Chest: 96.5
    Waist: 82.5
    Hips: 103
    Thigh: 61

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 27 (at least according to BMI-calclulator.net)
    Goal Body Fat %: 25 (for now...baby steps!)

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): I am approaching my final goal weight though I haven't made the "final" number my Goal for this challenge. Right now I am focusing on learning to reduce the Body Fat percentage and increase lean body mass. I, like so many of us, was lax over the holidays. I am ready to begin a transformation to a leaner me!

“Before” photo (optional): Despite dating a photographer I have remarkably few pictures of myself, much less progress pics for the last year. Hmmmm, maybe that should be one of my Goals!
  • CaitlinR85
    Options
    Name: Caitlin
    Sex: F
    Height: 170cm
    Starting Weight: 96kg
    Starting Date: 20/01/2014
    Goal Weight: 84kg (after 12 week challenge / 70kgs (ultimate goal)

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist: 107cm
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 45%
    Goal Body Fat %: 35%?? Not really sure, yet.

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): It's the 14th April, 2014 and I am standing in front of the mirror in my size 16 (or less) workout clothes. I weigh 84kgs and my BMI is no longer obese. I can now run 5kms straight and do this three times a week with my boyfriend. I have successfully navigated the Transition Phase of my diet for 11 weeks now and am making healthy choices 95% of the time. I am 2/3rds of the way to my goal and feeling fantastic!

“Before” photo (optional): I'll add this later!
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Name: James (Jim, JImmy, Jinbo, Jamie)
    Sex: M
    Height: 188
    Starting Weight: 100
    Starting Date: 20/01/14
    Goal Weight: N/A

Starting Measurements:
    Neck: 43cm
    Bicep: 37cm
    Chest: 112cm
    Waist: 117cm
    Hips: 108cm
    Thigh: 62

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
    Goal Body Fat %:

I'm eating cleaner and not buying my lunch at work. I feel fresh, wide awake and am full of energy.

“Before” photo (optional):
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Name: Tanya
    Height: 164
    Starting Weight: 132 kg
    Starting Date: 20/1/2014
    Goal Weight: 65 kg

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 42
    Chest: 134
    Waist: 112
    Hips: 150
    Thigh: 83

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 48%
    Goal Body Fat %: ... not sure

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): Today is 14 April 2014, and I have already weighed in systematically over the last couple of days to see whether I am on track because although I know that's wrong, I fluctuate so much it really is the best way to know where I'm really at. So despite it being the end date, I don't run to the scales but wake up at 6 and with my eyes still closed I jump onto the exercise bike for ten minutes to warm up, then do my resistance training, then hop back on the bike for a full half hour (My longest is currently 18 minutes). I look at the scales and I see that I am sitting at 121 kg, and very close to being under the 120 mark. I have been doing strength training and feel energetic and strong. I put my clothes on for the day and I wear a little make-up but feel confident and happy in my skin.

Before Pic: I'm not sure how to do this, but I update my cover photo regularly
  • DeeBee042
    DeeBee042 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Looking forward to the challenge ahead, I've never done any challenges before so I am a bit anxious about it all. I am my biggest critic so I do tend to get down on myself if I fail at my goals. But not this year!! :) For this reason I would like to weigh and measure on a monthly basis because my weight has slowed to a snails pace and I do not want to let the scales dictate my mood or motivation .

Name: Donna
    Height: 163cm
    Starting Weight: 78.3kg
    Goal Weight: 72kg (at the end of this challenge)

Starting Measurements: (these are important as sometimes your weight might increase, but measurements will decrease)
    Bicep: 31cm
    Chest: 101cm
    Waist: 90cm
    Hips: 102 cm
    Thigh: 63cm

Starting Body Fat % need to do this
    Goal Body Fat %:

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): By April the 14th I will be happy with my appearance and I will finally have the confidence to go out and purchase a dress for my nieces wedding. I will be 72kgs and well on my way to my next mini goal of 69kg. I will be fitter and stronger than I ever been in my adult life,
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ok, I might be the only one with a finish weight higher than her start weight here! I am 22 weeks pregnant as of this week and I had lost about 8.5kgs prior to getting knocked up (And Boy am I glad of that!). I am trying to keep my weight gain within the recommended amount each week and it is quite frustrating as some days I wake up (after barely eating anything the previous day) and weigh upto a kg more! Pregnancy is a b*tch I tell ya!

Name: Gowri
    Sex: Definitely female ... have a bump to prove it now! LOL!
    Height: 155 cms (I just cleared midget status by a few measly inches I think)
    Starting Weight: 63.7kgs today. I was 57.7 when I got pregnant.
    Starting Date: 20/1/14
    Goal Weight: 67kgs (Between 67 and 69 is healthy weight gain range for April 14 .. would be great if I can keep to the lower end)

Starting Measurements: Nah-huh ... I ain't measuring ANYTHING till I birth this spawn of mine! It has the potential to get me extremely depressed, my body shape is clearly "blob" as of now and there isn't much I can do about it.
    Bicep:
    Chest: HUMONGOUS! Gen and Skim ... I am officially in the D club now. Feel like they need their own post code! I applaud you for living a lifetime with your puppies!
    Waist: I don't have one any more! *sobs*
    Hips: I don't look below waist in the mirror any more. Extreme case of denial happening here.
    Thigh: See above.

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 29 something%. Measured with the WW body fat scale. I can't use it whilst pregnant so will have to leave to contend with monitoring just my weight through this challenge.
    Goal Body Fat %: See above

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): It is April 14th and I am proud to look back and see that I logged my foods everyday and managed atleast a 30 minute walk too. I don't randomly snack any more, I eat healthy and don't use my pregnancy status as an omnipotent excuse for everything. I attend my weekly prenatal pilates/yoga classes, I don't hate them like I used to before.

“Before” photo (optional): Refer to my profile. Heaps of random pics ... the pregnant ones are obvious I think.

Glad to be part of this awesome group ... all you ladies seem so pumped! :smile:
  • broncosbabe
    broncosbabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Name: Mel
    Height: 164cm
    Starting Weight: 62.4kg
    Starting Date: 20 January
    Goal Weight: 59 kg

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 29cm
    Chest: forgot to do this one this morning - weird...will update it later
    Waist: 77cm
    Hips: 94cm
    Thigh: 61cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 29% using http://www.nutridesk.com.au/body-calculator.phtml
    Goal Body Fat %: 23 %

It is the 14th of April 2014. I have just returned from 2 weeks of interservice AFL competition in Melbourne and am feeling fantastic albiet bruised. I completed my half marathon on 22 March in 2:15 or less....hopefully less. The scales read 50-something kgs instead of 60-something kgs. I have completed the Jamie Eason Live Fit strength program, logged my food every day and am about to have an awesome Easter and Anzac Day break :) I now fit back into my short-shorts

“Before” photo (optional): On my profile.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Throughout the last six months of 2013 I didn't use MFP much - I'd just returned home from an 8 month deployment and didn't think much about what I was eating or doing properly. As a result, I gained back all the weight I'd lost while on deployment. I'd love some more motivation!
  • wilbernel
    wilbernel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'v been a MFP member for a long times (years), just gone public with lots of stops and starts. It's important to me to keep my food under wraps, as I can be a bit of an emotional eater, or binge at times. MFP has helped in this regard.

I am an older mother of 2. My youngest starts school this year.

My biggest issue would be to move more in an exercise for me type of way. I do lots of running around, cleaning as a job and other physical work all on a part time basis, but this does not seem to be enough to move those extra few kilos.

I am Lactose Intollerant (1 yr diagnosed). Doing ok with that, struggle at times because "everything" has lactose in it. In the process I have reduced Gluten too. Up until now all these reductions and eliminations have not assisted in weight loss.

I am hoping this challenge will assist me to do what it takes with more oomph to get them off.

Name: Christine
    Height: 180 cms
    Starting Weight: 83 kgs (tonight)
    Starting Date: 20/1/14
    Goal Weight: 75 kgs

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 31 cm L
    Chest: 106.5 cm (sports bra)
    Waist: 95 cm
    Hips: 109 cm
    Thigh: 64 cm (R upper)

Starting Body Fat % 26.9
    Goal Body Fat %: between 20 - 25 % would be good

It is April 14th and I am proud to look back and see that I logged my foods everyday and managed to complete at least 30 minutes of real exercise 5 days every week. I am happy to eat healthy foods, that are low in sugar and gluten. I enjoy my alternative lactose choices. Loosing weight is easy as I have now got it together - food and movement. I have more energy, perform my work easily, enjoy life, my kids and husband. I enjoy being in this new slender-er healthy body of mine.

“Before” photo (optional):

Glad to be part of this awesome group
  • EGirl7
    EGirl7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Okay, back to add the stuff.
    Name: Emma
    Height: 162 cm
    Starting Weight: 61 kg
    Goal Weight: 55 kg

Starting Measurements: I'll come back to this tomorrow.
    Bicep: (L) 27.5 cm (R) 27 cm
    Chest: 90 cm
    Waist: (Upper) 73.5 cm (Lower) 84 cm
    Hips: 92.5 cm
    Thigh: (L) 60 cm (R) 62.5

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 26.74% (My scales said 26.75 % - impressed they were so close!)
    Goal Body Fat %: Maybe 25%? Apparently for females aged between 20-39, the healthy range is 21% to 32%. 25% would be good. Or lower.

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): It is April 14 2014. I am happy.

“Before” photo (optional): I have no idea if this will work. I will try.

12048559843_b8c76ae96b_z.jpg
    My Before pics 200114 by Emma Bruty, on Flickr

I had lost 25 kilos and then I had to leave my work because I was being bullied and since then, I've been unemployed (not for want of trying) and a whole lot of emotional eating has taken place and my depression and anxiety haven't been too great. I'm also diabetic - Type 1 (which makes things a whole lot more complicated when it comes to weight loss...very annoying). Right now, I'm not doing too well, but I realised that my 20 year school reunion is in a couple of months and even though I'm pretty sure I am in better shape now than I was at school (which I guess is something), I want to be like all the people who do weights and are strong and getting lean. I'm not really sure how to do that, so I'd really love any suggestions. Bearing in mind I have kettlebells, medicine ball, a few different weights of dumbbells...I think that's all. Oh, I have resistance bands and Swiss ball somewhere. I also go to a very cheap gym and have a pass to a leisure centre for about another month or so, so I've been swimming.
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Skim, and everyone in the group. This is a great idea!

Name: Michele
    Height: 163cm
    Starting Weight: 50.3kg
    Starting Date: 20/01/14
    Goal Weight: 49kg (spreadsheet suggestion for small frame)

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 24cm
    Chest: N/A - I never measure this - no fat there
    Waist: 63 cm
    Hips: 89 cm
    Thigh: 51.5cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 20.04% (spreadsheet method)
    Goal Body Fat %: 18%

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): I am fit, lean and strong. At 44 y/o, I am in the best shape of my life. I can run 10km in less than 60 minutes, and I am on track for a 2:06 hour half marathon in May! I have worked through 2 cycles of Mark Lauren's "Body By You" program, and I can do 2 sets of 12 pushups, and working towards that pull-up by my birthday in July.

“Before” photo (optional): I don't have one, sorry.
  • zenpoppy
    zenpoppy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Don't know how to load any before pictures.....still working on that.....
  • zenpoppy
    zenpoppy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am really excited about this 12 week challenge.........

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Name: Amanda
    Height: 175 cm
    Starting Weight: 112 kgs
    Starting Date: 20th Jan 2014
    Goal Weight: 75 kgs

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 39 cm
    Chest: 106 cm
    Waist: 106 cm
    Hips: 130 cm
    Thigh: 76 cm
    BMI 37

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
    Goal Body Fat %:

Personal goal: 2014 .....It is my time to shine!!!!

12 Week Challenge Goals

• 10kgs Loss
    • Exercise 6 days a week
    • Eat 1470 Calories per day or less
    • Size 18 Dress
    • Run 1km No Stopping

Long Term Goals – 12 Months

• Run in the 5km ‘The Colour Run’ 5km
    • Run in ‘The Bridge to Brisbane ‘ 10km
    • Size 12 Clothes
    • 35kgs Loss
    • Gym 5-6 Days a Week
    • Abseiling Kangaroo Cliffs
    • Swim in the Ocean

My inspiration and catch phrase is: 99....I'm am going to get to 99......

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :
  • tgorshkov
    tgorshkov Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Name: Tanya (MFP - tgorshkov)
    Height:170
    Starting Weight: 148lb
    Starting Date: 1/20/2014
    Goal Weight: 142lb

Starting Measurements:
    Bicep: 12"
    Chest: 37.5"
    Waist: 29"
    Hips: 39"
    Thigh: 21.5"

Starting Body Fat % (if known): ~23%
    Goal Body Fat %: 20

Glad to be part of this awesome group:)
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Donna and I am from Perth. Up until 7 months ago I was from Gippsland in Victoria.

I don't have any goals in relation to losing weight or size. I'm OK with where I am most of the time (going through a patch of thinking I'm huge at the moment but I KNOW it is not true).

I am 167cm tall, weigh b/w 57 - 59kg and am probably about 20% body fat or a bit less.

Basic measurements are:

Bust 86cm
    Waist 69cm
    Hips 93cm (at widest point)

My goals are to
    1. Eat at about 1900 a day, regardless of exercise, averaged over the week.
    2. Continue with my strength training program of Day 1 Legs; Day 2 Chest, shoulders, triceps; Day 3 Back and biceps and Day 4 Legs and abs
    3. Additional cardio of running at lunchtime at least 3 days a week and weekends, and HIIT on non leg days and a spin class when I can fit it in
    4. See out my Ultrafit class
    5. Get over my self loathing I have ATM.

Personal goal:
    Love the body you have with all of it's battle scars. It has served you well and if you look after it, it will do more than you ever dreamed it could. You are stronger than you think - the mind is weak, not the body.
  • Britz24
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am Britz & I am aiming to get to 55kgs by end of 12 weeks,

I put on 3kgs over Xmas & January and I am determined to get back to 55kgs (was last this weight I think at 21/22 yrs old!) which is challenging those last kgs so hard that's why I joined this board for motivation :)

Please add me on my fitness pal and if you have any advice for me that would be great :)

Wish everyone the best of luck with the challenge & I will send through the rest of my measurements soon.

Name: Britz
    Height:
    Starting Weight: 62.1kg
    Starting Date: 22/01/2014
    Goal Weight: 55kg

Personal goals:
    Lose 8kgs in 12 weeks
    Fit into silver/maroon dress
    Eat 1200 calories a day
    Do 30 mins at least exercise daily
    Record everything on my fitness pal
    Meditate Daily
    Do pamper day each week footspa, facial
    Try a new workout each week
  • EGirl7
    EGirl7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So stupid - I should've taken pictures that showed my midriff. I have done now.
    Okay, back to add the stuff.
    Name: Emma
    Height: 162 cm
    Starting Weight: 61 kg
    Goal Weight: 55 kg

Starting Measurements: I'll come back to this tomorrow.
    Bicep: (L) 27.5 cm (R) 27 cm
    Chest: 90 cm
    Waist: (Upper) 73.5 cm (Lower) 84 cm
    Hips: 92.5 cm
    Thigh: (L) 60 cm (R) 62.5

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 26.74% (My scales said 26.75 % - impressed they were so close!)
    Goal Body Fat %: Maybe 25%? Apparently for females aged between 20-39, the healthy range is 21% to 32%. 25% would be good. Or lower.

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): It is April 14 2014. I am happy.

“Before” photo (optional): I have no idea if this will work. I will try.

12048559843_b8c76ae96b_z.jpg
    My Before pics 200114 by Emma Bruty, on Flickr

I had lost 25 kilos and then I had to leave my work because I was being bullied and since then, I've been unemployed (not for want of trying) and a whole lot of emotional eating has taken place and my depression and anxiety haven't been too great. I'm also diabetic - Type 1 (which makes things a whole lot more complicated when it comes to weight loss...very annoying). Right now, I'm not doing too well, but I realised that my 20 year school reunion is in a couple of months and even though I'm pretty sure I am in better shape now than I was at school (which I guess is something), I want to be like all the people who do weights and are strong and getting lean. I'm not really sure how to do that, so I'd really love any suggestions. Bearing in mind I have kettlebells, medicine ball, a few different weights of dumbbells...I think that's all. Oh, I have resistance bands and Swiss ball somewhere. I also go to a very cheap gym and have a pass to a leisure centre for about another month or so, so I've been swimming.

12065410193_8df33bb2fb_z.jpg
    My middle Before pics 210114 by Emma Bruty, on Flickr

Something I have to contend with is that I've got a fair amount of scar tissue in my belly, thanks to 20-odd years of insulin injections. Thus, I'll probably never have a totally flat stomach, but anything better than this would be good.
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Name: Flyer69
    Sex: Lone Male wIth weight to loose...?
    Height: 176 cm
    Starting Weight: 87.7
    Goal Weight:79 (although over 12 weeks 82 might be more feasable)

Today's Measurements: I will do those once a month I guess,
    Bicep: 32
    Chest:102
    Waist: 102
    Hips:97
    Thigh: 51

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 25.96%
    Goal Body Fat %:

12 Week Challenge Goals

• At least 6kg loss
    • Exercise at least 6 days a week
    • Eat around 1500 Calories per day
    • Be heatlthy
    * Give a mens perspective to the group :-)

Long Term Goals – 12 Months

• Train for a long distance run, hopefully marathon
    • Get to 77 kg
    • Sport/Gym 6 Days a Week
    • Travel to exotic places again
    • Be healthy

List 3 things you are grateful for?
    • My wife and family
    • My health
    • Love of life

What are you going to improve on next week?
    • Be a better communicator
    • Do something kind
This discussion has been closed.