26 and Child free!

Options
freyaheart
freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
Hello everyone, my name is Kate. I am 26 years old, married and child free.

After having a minor confrontation at work today I thought to myself I am going to make a group like this when I get home and here you were waiting for me!

I am fed up with people looking at me like a freak when ever I say I don't want children. birth control wasn't made purely with me in mind decades before I was born so I know I am not the one who thinks like this.

I have adopted their wording now and when ever someone ask me why I don't have any I usually just respond with "I'm selfish and self-centered" people don't know how to handle that so it usually shuts them up.

Sadly with my weight I have been accused of being with child which I found incredibly insulting that complete strangers were asking me when my (food) baby was due.

The idea of having children absolutely terrifies me to my core. If I ever found myself in the family way I would probably cry my eyes out for days.

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you here.
    I'm also 26 and child free and the minority in my community.
    I have no desire to have children ever.
    There are too many traits I have that I absolutely refuse to pass on.

Although, I have considered being a foster parent if I ever were to be in a financially stable enough situation. That is a whole other story.

I found myself in "the family way" once. Obviously, I didn't let that continue. Also a whole other story.

Glad to see there are plenty of other people who feel this way.
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    there is also a private group which is more active
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I've sent a request to join the private group. No response.
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Oh? I am not the moderator sorry.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible for forgetting about groups and tend to pay attention only to my news feed... so I miss it. Arg. We were just talking at coffee about children and one guy was saying it drives him nuts when his friends visit him and his wife's house and they eat and don't wash their hands... and then said kids are gross. I laughed out loud while the rest of the table glared at him... I said I whole heartedly agree. I have neices and nephews and they're always covered in snot an chocolate and it's friggin' disgusting.