Phase 1

Please post here about phase 1.

(I finished workout 2 and cardio 1 today. I'm feeling sore! Anyone else?)

Replies

• tdorton
    tdorton Posts: 22 Member
    Legs are sore but I'm doing ok. Love how working out makes me feel.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Legs are sore but I'm doing ok. Love how working out makes me feel.

Me too! Puts me in a better mood in the mornings. :)
  • FruityTuna
    FruityTuna Posts: 5 Member
    I think every inch of me was sore this morning but I am feeling good! Those planks are still my biggest challenge. Ugh, I hate planks.
  • I finished week one, and I haven't quit yet!! Today is day 7, so it's my off day. I planned it that way because I have training after work on Thursday's and then small group at our church after that, so I wasn't sure I would be able to fit it in. I am not much of a morning person, so I have been doing the workouts when I get home in the evening. If anyone has suggestions on how to get my butt up to workout in the morning, let me know!

I have lost 3.6 pounds since last week Friday. I know it isn't the 7+ pounds or lose a pant size in a week that is advertised, but I didn't exactly follow the meal plan and I am happy with the results so far. Plus, her meal plan cuts out all processed carbs, which makes people lose a lot of weight initially. My husband and I made that change about 6 months ago and have stuck with it. We very rarely have anything with flour/wheat in it. When we have spaghetti, we use spaghetti sauce in place of noodles, for lasagna we use slices of butternut squash in place of noodles and we almost never eat things like bread or cereal anymore. We start our day off with some sort of protein (usually egg based). Dinners for us are usually a lean protein and vegetable. Sometimes we will have a baked potato, but we really try not to eat many carbohydrates unless they are naturally occurring ones found in fruits and veggies.

How is everyone else's week going???
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    I made it through the cardio today, since I didn't pay attention and did the day 1 workout again yesterday. It wasn't too bad but I modified the running man too! Kept moving but not quite ready for jumping yet! I'm less sore today thankfully though I am tired. But off to a science event at the youngest's school so no rest quite yet.
    Looking forward to workout 2 tomorrow (wow, did I type that?)

Have a good evening!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Just finished workout 2! One of my favorites :) I'll focus on increasing dumbbell weight next time.
  • raemarion
    raemarion Posts: 4 Member
    I loved workout 1 and 2 but the cardio sucked! I know it was mostly because I didn't eat enough during the day (~450 cals by 5:30pm) and I didn't have a snack before my workout (it was a hectic day). I won't make that mistake again! Gotta fuel in order to give 100%!
  • will2lose72
    Cardio is not my favorite either, but I ploughed through today. I don't much like working out with my kids home. Though I'm sure it's good for them to see me trying, it was way more distracting. Here's to a great week!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    First week completed! Sounds like we've mostly all had success. :)

Week 2: prepare to conquer!
  • will2lose72
    I made it through Workout 1 and 2 again...feeling pretty good. But, today I visited the dermatologist for a pesky sore on the back of my foot that is interfering with my ability to wear fitness shoes. Not sure that I will be doing cardio today :/ How's everyone else doing?
  • radiantlyhealthy
    It's been 10 days and I already feel like I'm in significantly better shape. I haven't lost more than a couple pounds, but I feel much tighter and the workouts are less of a strain on my body. :)

Any similar results?
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Workout 3 today! How did you guys like it?
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    I'm starting tomorrow and I am so excited! I'm going on my annual girls golf trip at the end of April so this is so timely.
  • will2lose72
    Still here, but I got off schedule with my foot issues. I redid Workout 1/2 this week and doing cardio today. Will jump to workout 3 tomorrow. Some things have gotten easier and I did get some heavier weights for part of it. Hope I can hang on the new one! :drinker:
  • dshalbert
    DId my day 1 this morning! Love it! I just finished my 3rd round of Ripped in 30 and I must say that this is a nice refreshing change. I like that she really mixes it up. Looking forward to workout 2 tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing so far?
  • dshalbert
    Where did everybody go?
  • radiantlyhealthy
    I'm still here! I'm hoping a lot of others are too and just aren't posting. Workouts 3 and 4..... pheww! What a workout.
  • dshalbert
    Great! I thought everyone dropped out all ready :laugh: . I just did my first cardio this morning. It was not bad.
  • Starting week 3 on Monday. Today is rest day and Superbowl! We are having people over and having a make your own mini pizza bar. Needless to say we won't be eating pizza that way. I did find a gluten free crust mix though and I am putting together a Mediterranean style pizza for us so its all of the ingredients are from the meal plan. Looking forward to trying workouts 3 and 4, 1 and 2 definitely got easier and I'm ready for more. Cardio on the other hand... that running man kicks my butt!
  • will2lose72
    Seriously thinking Jillian likes to hurt people :). These workouts are no joke! My dvd for workout 4 is messed up and cuts out the last 5 minutes or so. It's been a while since I purchased them so not sure I could get it replaced :/. But still plugging away...my clothes fit better so I know it is all working somehow!