Is th efocus KETO or Low Carb? Just Curious

Options
Greetings, I'm new to this, not to MFP, just the whole forum group thing. I was looking for a place to discuss methods to maintain a low carb style of eating. I prefer to forego using the word "diet" as it means I'm depriving myslef of someting, and i'm not I've just changed the foods I eat.

Regardless, I removed pasta, bread and potatoes from the menu and focused on increasing protein intake with a resulting loss. I was looking for a group which discusses alternatives to higher carbs foods (and other stuff of course). Is this that group? or is the focus a KETO diet for controll of epilepsy? Just curious, thanks.

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    We discuss everything here, whether low carb food ideas, or epilepsy, or how to measure ketones, or metabolic disorders, etc. if you have a question, just ask. We're nice people :wink: and someone will likely help.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Most of us follow keto for weight loss, and aren't doing the protocol for epilepsy.

Keto is typically described as low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Most of us are looking to be in ketosis. Regarding protein - excess protein will convert to glucose, and can impede this. The high fat / moderate protein is pretty key for keto.

If this doesn't fit with your goals, another option might be the Low Carber Daily Forum. They do more general low carb (and low carb, high protein would still fit there).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group-
  • estaban1776
    estaban1776 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for both responses!