Knowing when to STOP.

Options
805surf
805surf Posts: 5 Member
Body Dysmorphic Disorder tells me I have 20 more lbs to go, of course I know once I drop those 20 it'll tell me I have another 20. My family tells me I am just right. The body fat calipers tell me I have 17% body fat which is in the "athletic" range for my age. I finally have a healthy BMI. My coworkers tell me it's time to stop. Tomorrow is my last day of cutting weight. Saturday I eat JUNK and move to 2500cal/day! I wanted to hit 205 but I should hit 207 by Saturday AM and my body is fighting back hard on these last few % of body fat.

I think this is going to be the hardest part of the diet, actually dropping it and moving to maintenance and muscle building. Seeing those numbers creep back up a little on that scale I worked so so hard to drop is going to be a bit worrysome. It will be nice to feel better though, get my strength back and get my metabolism back in gear.

At 207 I will have lost exactly 30 pounds in a little over 3 months.

Replies

• Icebureau
    Icebureau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You've got this!!! It sounds like you are on the right track. Keep up the good work. It sounds cheesy and maybe it's tonight's yoga talking but I feel like here is where the "mind/body connection" really counts. You've achieved fitness in your body but it sounds like you still have some ways to go with the way you see yourself and think about yourself... and that is okay! This is all a journey and you are taking the next steps forward. And everyone in this community is with you all the way! :)
  • 805surf
    805surf Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support! You're definitely right it's all about mental state. Sometimes it just takes that little kick to lose 2 or 3 pounds and then bingo you prove to yourself that you can do it and then you get into a positive cycle of work and affirmation and results. Sometimes the ball gets rolling the wrong way and you can't lose weight because you don't believe you can and therefore you don't. Either way the hardest part for me is stopping momentum and readjusting. Especially when I've lost weight and I look in the mirror and my mind still sees high school fat kid. I feel really good though and everything else shows I am at a healthy point and my surfing has much improved and I can climb trees and crap now so SUCCESS! I'm gonna try to divert some of that momentum and positive energy into training now. Last night I did a full 20 pullups too which is something 18 year old me would have never imagined 36 year old me doing at all.