NEW TO THIS GROUP FEMALE 28 320

Options
LOOKING FOR A PUSH WAS ON MFP IN AUGUST HURT MY BACK WAS 311
NOW 320 AS OF TODAY IAM TOP HEAVY GAIN ALL IN MY TUMMY CHEST NO WHERE
Else MY DOWNFALL IS FAST FOOD AND MY MOTIVATION ONLY.LAST
A MONTH. LOOKING FOR WAYS TO FEEL FULL ANY QUICK TIPS FOOD CHOICES
FOOD PLANS THAT WILL WORK FOR ME I SPEND ALOT OF TIME
IN MY CAR IM HUNGRY I CANT WAIT I GET A LARGE FRY BIGGEST THING EAT BY THE TIME IM HOME ITS TIME
TO GET MORE FOOD I NEED TO BRAKE THIS HABIT

Replies

• bluecrush84
    bluecrush84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Hoittie07,

Welcome. I started my jounery last year May. I focused more on my diet than exercising though I did a lot of walking. Since you hurt your back that will be hard. You can try water aerobics, weight training while sitting down or a sitting bike, yoga, etc. There are many options you just have to search and try things out gradually and not over exert yourself

But for now focusing on your diet is the best way to start. Here is what you need to do:

First figure out you BMR, then your TDEE. This gal on MFP explain it very well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide

Or you can start with TheDailyPlate. I like it for tracking what I am eating more than MFP. Thedailyplate has the largest food database I have every seen and if you can't find a food you have eaten (this is rare), you can add it yourself if you have the nutritional information. This is a great website with a wealth of information for losing weight, exercise, and it is free.

What worked for me was calorie counting. I stopped depriving myself. I ate whatever I wanted whether it was candy or cheeseburgers….as long as I stayed within my calorie limit. The weight came off. Instead of subtracting foods from my diet, I added new healthy foods and the weight started falling off and I felt more full. I started craving healthy food and fast food was less desirable.

Drink more water. Find a calculator online will tell you how much water you need to drink.

Chew gum or snack on carrots or celery sticks. Anything that will quell the urge to go over your calorie limit. Or you just feel like chewing on something.

Start practicing breathing techniques that will help you avoid gorging yourself on food.

I made a recent post today on swapping high calorie foods for lower calorie foods. Check it out. I am hoping others will add new food idea. I just discovered squash! It is low calorie, sweet, and soooooo tasty. I eat it plain roasted in the oven.

I especially love cauliflower rice. You can eat so much and it is great for you! It is filling without making you feel heavy.

I used to binge on fast food and candy all the time. What helped me was figuring out why I felt drive AKA Food Auto-pilot, lol….to binge eat. Vitamins and natural supplements help me get over this. I am a stress eater so I found ways to battle stress. Yoga, breathing techniques, and medication has helped. I posted a thread on Stress, anxiety, and emotional eating. It may help if you have any of those issues.

If you want to break the cycle you need to take some time for yourself…give yourself that time and figure out why your eating habits are the way they are. Once you figure out the root of the problem you can address them and eating less and eating to live (rather than eating to live) will be easy.

I still struggle with it but I have been able to recognize when I am hungry and when I just want to stuff myself because of my emotions.

I hope this helps.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I lost 150+lbs about 9 years ago and maintained for over 8 years. Unfortunately, I let bad habits, stress, etc let poor eating creep back in. I've gained 35-40lbs that I'd like to drop again.

What works for me?
    1. Lower carb (SUGAR) intake. I don't eat more than 50g of total carbs per day. So what DO I eat?
    I make up the difference in my macros in fat and protein. These things will keep you full and (after a week or two) you will not crave sweets.

2. Log, log, log. Record everything that goes into your mouth. Don't guesstimate, don't estimate, and don't lie to yourself.
    The only person you're hurting is YOU. If you eat 8 cookies, log it. Don't lie on your log to make your macros look pretty at the end of the day. It solves nothing and you wont reach your goals.

3. Water and vitamins. Water is a tough one for me. I have to physically fill a 32oz container while at work and drink it before I go home. I fill another at home and drink it again before bed. I also take a couple of supplements and multi-vitamins to make sure my body gets what it needs.

4. Plan and prep!! I use MFP to plan my meals 2-3 days in advance. I can map out what fits my macros for the day and then make sure that those items are the ONLY things that go into my lunch bag are the items listed on my meal plan for the day.

5. Get up and move!!! I hate working out. With a passion. I'd rather give birth to twin (full grown) elephants than go to a gym.
    So what do I enjoy? Personally, I've found I enjoy yoga and I LOVE walking, so I alternate these two things for the bulk of my exercise. You have to find what works for you.

6. Motivation! I have a picture of myself at my highest weight (286lbs). I hang that on the refrigerator next to a pic of myself at my lowest weight (113lbs). When I feel "munchy" and traipse my butt down to the kitchen at 11:30pm, the sight of those pictures have me asking myself if I'm hungry or bored. Do I want a Snickers or will a nice cup of tea work instead?

7. Set yourself up for success!! I have kids and a husband who make a beanpole look fat. I, on the other hand, gain weight if I even catch sight of something sweet. A happy medium for us is to keep sweets and "bad" foods out of my sight, but make sure I have good foods on hand and prepped so that I am not as tempted to eat crap.

You CAN do this! Just set yourself up for success rather than failure. Then remind yourself daily what your end goals are and you can reach them!