Hello, new to this

Options
smuller73
smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
Hi all

I started my healthy eating journey a while ago and have lost some weight and still have some to go but I wanted to change the whole families eating habits as I realized that though I was eating better there were a few too many processed foods in my husband and children's diet and even in mine so am looking into clean eating or at least cleaner eating.
I love to cook and do make most of our meals from scratch which is not always easy when I work full time, have 2 young children and have a busy sideline birthday cake business.
I live in South Africa and our access to a wide range of different foods (e.g Quinoa, steel cut oats) is severely limited in our local supermarkets, and health food markets/stores are few and far between. It's also, often ridiculously expensive when I do find it. I know I can order things online but it's not exactly a convenient way of shopping when you want to try a new recipe. If it isn't full of colour, flavours, preservatives and msg it appear that no one here wants to eat it.
Does anyone have any good advice on simple tasty, child friendly recipes with easily sourced ingredients.
I plan to spend part of this weekend doing a major overhaul of my storage cupboards and some investigation as to what I can and can't get.
Thank you in advance