Just downright confused.

Options
akillaah
akillaah Posts: 22 Member
I've been trying to lose weight for awhile but I'm back on MFP after being off for awhile. I am really just at a loss for what my goals should be...everywhere I look there are different opinions about what I should or shouldn't be eating - what my goals should be etc. I read your forum post about setting the calorie and macro targets and when i put my stats into it...the results just seem unrealistic. Maybe I'm missing something I don't know. I'm honestly just really confused about the whole thing and don't even know what to do anymore. I really need to lose my weight and be healthy as my husband and I want to have a baby and I refuse to do that in my current state. I just need some help as to what to do for me :( My stats are below:

Provide your stats (height/weight/age/bodyfat% if you know it/etc)
I'm a female -5'11 - 345lbs - 26 y.o - 48%BF

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average?
I was doing 1200 but I uped it recently to 2000 which is what MFP recommends..

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)
Fat: 45g Carbs: 178g Protein: 64g
Do you use a food scale and measure everything?
no
Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)
I may have missed a day i think but other than that yes i track diligently

Do you take cheat days or days off?
I have cheated - so i guess that's a cheat day yes lol

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period?
I lost 7lbs and now its stalled and just keeps fluctuating

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months?
right now I've just been trying to walk for 30 minutes a day...I've been trying to just focus on preparing my meals and getting a hang of that as in the past I usually ordered in most of the time. I am going to start working out next week though - I was just taking it easy for a few weeks getting used to the food changes.

Are you breastfeeding?
nope

Do you have thyroid issues/risks or PCOS?
my doctor thinks I might have PCOS but they've been unable to detect anything through ultrasound - I don't get my period though..

Any guidance will be much appreciated - thank you so much for your time :)

Replies