New to Paleo, looking for support!

Options
pluckypaleo
pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
Hey Guys! My husband and I started out the paleo lifestyle on January 1st. I know it's the ultimate cliche, the whole new year new you thing. But my husband went to the doctor in early december and he will be 30 in may, and the doctor was telling him he needed to cut out the gluten. He is had extremely high liver counts and the beginning of some other issues. He didn't want to take it seriously, but I believe he shouldn't be having problems like that at 30. I began doing research, and I found the Paleo lifestyle. He thought I was crazy at first, but 2 weeks into it and we both feel amazing! I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I have a long way to go, but I am determined to get there. I am almost 25 and my husband is almost 30. I want to have a long healthy life together. We are all in, but I would love to have some MFP friends who are Paleo for support. Friend me if you are interested!

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the best and healthiest lifestyle ever. :flowerforyou:

I've been ketogenic Primal, and now more Paleo, for a year and a half. I have resolved many health problems (see Success Stories) and the weight loss has been a wonderful, effortless bonus.

I'm very passionate and outspoken about this lifestyle and there is no finish line; I will be living Paleo forever.
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am very excited about it. I love the recipes and the challenge. I haven't felt better in my life!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am starting to not be new to this as of late. Although I am nearing my weight goal, I totally agree with Akimajuktuq there is no finish line, but this is becoming the easiest and delicious lifestyle choice I ever made. Feel free to add me to your friends and once again welcome.