Hostile Angry Fat People

Options
MyFoodGod
MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
I've learned about anger issues common in those with food issues after attending OA meetings for more than a year.

I see a lot of angry responses on mfp when people don't like the comments, suggestions, feedback etc posted.

Part of the miracle OA members talk about is interpersonal relationships and responses to what we cannot control.

I am grateful to be experiencing improvements jn how I deal with situations and change my thinking in my own life. It feels soooo much better. Looking forward to more progress on the attitude front.

Replies

• MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I NEVER GAVE THIS MUCH THOUGHT YET I RECOGNIZE HOW TRUE IT IS. ON EVERY WL SITE I'VE USED THERE ARE A NUMBER OF PEOPLE CONSUMED WITH ANGER EVEN AFTER LOOSING A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT.

FOR SOME IT HAS BECOME MORE ABOUT VENTING AT OTHERS THAN MUTUAL SUPPORT. AT TIMES I HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF THIS BEHAVIOR. I BLAME A LACK OF INTROSPECTIVE AND THE SELF AWARENESS THAT COMES FROM EXAMINING ONESELF.

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS PERSPECTIVE. IT HAS GIVEN ME SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

NO, I'M NOT SHOUTING. I'M HARD OF SEEING. ;-)
  • MyFoodGod
    Options
    I've always thought the shouting caps was stupid and didn't acknowledge diversity ie vision issues or people who hadn't spent hours on the Internet learning the "rules."

I've heard members contribute their new attitude to getting away from the sugar. Remember the Twinkie defense court case?
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've always thought the shouting caps was stupid and didn't acknowledge diversity ie vision issues or people who hadn't spent hours on the Internet learning the "rules."

I've heard members contribute their new attitude to getting away from the sugar. Remember the Twinkie defense court case?

I WISH THEY STILL HAD THE SIGNATURE LINE. ONCE UPON A TIME I DIDN'T HAVE TO NOTE EACH POST. FOLKS CAN BE OVERLY SENSITIVE WITHOUT FACIAL QUES. TONE GENERALLY REVEALS MORE ABOUT THE POSTER'S INTENT THAN CASE.

MISSING YOUR SUGAR RUSH DOESN'T FLY WITH ME. THE DISTANCE OF THE COMPUTER IS AN EXCUSE TO MISBEHAVE. ONLINE "FIGHTING" LEADS TO FEW INJURIES, LOL. I REMEMBER THAT TWINKIE DEFENSE, LMAO. I HEARD SOMEWHERE WE HAVE A "LEGAL" NOT "JUSTICE" SYSTEM SO BEST LAWYER WINS... I'M WAY OFF TOPIC NOW!

THE HARD OF HEARING MAY SPEAK LOUD... THE HARD OF SEEING MAY TYPE LOUD. ;-)

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Definately sugar does me a complete prsonality change.

After a sugartreat, even a small one like a scone with jam

I become mildly euphoric at first, sometimes for several hours.

Later the craving starts and i stave it off with veggies and fruit.

The next day will bring tired nasty angry impatient feelings.

Sleeplessness sets in for several nights while over eating will continue

as i keep away from sugar by eating 'healthy carbs' like wholemeal bread and fruit.

The bad effects of just that small little scone and jam can last two weeks!

and yes, that makes me an angry impatient kinda person for a while.

I hate it so much. You would think i would just keep off it, but about every few months I have a little

voice telling me " its ok, one little fruit scone with butter and jam wont hurt you", "go ahead, you'll be ok."
  • MyFoodGod
    Options
    At meetings they talk about "willingness. " Something to think about.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Myfoodgod, thanks.

Willingness to what?
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    In program willingness is mentioned throughout the 12 steps and the Big book. In order to work the steps, you must be willing to admit powerless over food, be willing to turn your disorder over to a higher power, willing to take an inventory and address your character defects, etc.. Basically, in order for this program to work, you need to be willing to work it.
  • MyFoodGod
    Options
    And for some people willing to give up certain foods that trigger overeating. Like sugar for some of us.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Hi Citizen Cave and Myfoodgod,

Yeah, I know.

I gave up sugar in the seventies when i sobered up in AA, i had a sponsor who was sensitive to sugar and i thought it was a good idea not to replace the booze with another bad habit.

Sometimes I will slip up, once every three months or so and I eat like one scone

or maybe a piece of chocolate.

It makes me kinda mad that i will still do that after all this time.

At least its not a bottle of whisky! ;-)

I feel like i am willing to let go of the anger and the sugar,

so maybe there is still hope for me then. :)
  • MyFoodGod
    Options
    If after all this time one sugary treat every few months does not trip you up, I would say good for you and don't feel bad about it.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    If after all this time one sugary treat every few months does not trip you up, I would say good for you and don't feel bad about it.

Some people honestly can't have that treat because as a CO, it could potentially trigger a binge, regardless of the abstinence under their belt. For me personally, I would steer clear because not only that it may trigger a binge, it would have no nutritional value to my body.
  • MyFoodGod
    Options
    The tricky part is knowing yourself. Just pissed off someone for advising not to enjoy a donut on upcoming birthday.

Us fat people can be so defensive.