END OF WEEK 2

katyanne15
katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
Hey guys how did week 2 go?? I am SO SO SO sore from the challenge. I did 20 push ups and 10 pull ups. it really makes the next few days workouts super hard. anyone else feeling the burn??? this is the point where I might have quit or slowed down in the past. not this time...if you want a change you have to CHANGE right.

Replies

• anu_active
    anu_active Posts: 40 Member
    I have had the flu for 2 days but am back on track today. I did CVX today and pushed myself to my physical and mental limits. Tomorrow I'll do the warrior and dynamix. So I've skipped The Challenge this week. I've lost only 400grams since I started (that I attribute to the flu ) but I don't care! I'm doing everything right and that's enough :)
    Ready to attack week 3!
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    don't focus so much on the scale. you could be putting on muscle and more times than not when doing a weights program you retain water to protect your body and help with recovery. Your objective is to get stronger and lose fat...not necessarily weight in general. That will just naturally happen as time goes on.

I know several people who after 6 weeks didn't lose a lb or inch...but after the full 8 weeks, just 2 weeks later, had lost 10 inches. So press forward and don't give up.

You body is being hit by some huge intense trauma (for lack of a better word) and its first instant is to protect itself. (starvation mode) After a few weeks/months of consistency, being reassured and deems the changes as beneficial it will begin to drop weight drastically. Most people give up before this point...whats your typical timeframe for giving up??? your body is aware of this time frame and has adapted to it. You will need to push past that before your body will deem the changes beneficial. This is why yo yo dieting is so bad for you. You basically train your body that you starve it for 2 months on a regular basis but only for 2 months and after than you will resume daily activities and eating...CHANGE your behavior, CHANGE what you normally do and your body will give you the CHANGES you seek :) does that makes sense?
    I have had the flu for 2 days but am back on track today. I did CVX today and pushed myself to my physical and mental limits. Tomorrow I'll do the warrior and dynamix. So I've skipped The Challenge this week. I've lost only 400grams since I started (that I attribute to the flu ) but I don't care! I'm doing everything right and that's enough :)
    Ready to attack week 3!
  • anu_active
    anu_active Posts: 40 Member
    You have a good point! My give up point is around the 6th week. I will try to push through this time. My strategy is to not starve myself so I've upped my calorie intake from 1200 to 1500. I've been feeling much more energetic since.
    Thanks for the great advice! You do have a point about my body being used to these yo-yo cycles.