Surprise Check-Up

vahine03
vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
How is everyone doing on this first week so far? The week is almost up in a few days. Share your struggles and/or success but be honest =) It is so to help you more than you think.

Replies

• wabadabadoo
    wabadabadoo Posts: 43 Member
    Well, did my two fasting days on Monday and Wednesday ok and was down a pound the day after that. Now just concentrating on trying to stay within my 2000 cals a day on all the other days. Had 2500 yesterday what with cocktails, oodles of wine and canapés at a party. Now today with the hangover am lying on sofa eating sweets and just had a Nice cold beer
    soooooo not perfect but Monday will tell.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,727 Member
    I had an issue with a trigger food over last weekend that lasted until Wednesday. It was just dumb. If I don't buy it I can't eat it but...argh! It cost me pound-wise and it takes longer to get rid of it that it took to gain it. I have a week challenge going on that is...No Trigger Foods...but I think I'm going to extend that challenge to the end of January. Yes, that's the plan.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Chris
  • LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    My goal is about 2lbs/wk and I've lost one so I'm getting there i guess. I got through my first 2 weeks eating paleo as well so I think I'm on the right track :) I realized I will actually be attending a friends wedding the weekend after st.patty's day too so theres some more motivation (I have a dress I'd like to wear but it's too small)

Hope others are doing well too!!!
  • vahine03
    @ Wabadabadoo We'll find out Monday. =) Lying on the sofa with sweets sounds like a dream =D Of course I'm thinking of a rainy night with a room to myself and my favorite tv shows on. I haven't had THAT in a while. Good times...lol Really!

@Chris I had that problem all week last week till this weeks Tuesday. My goal this week was just that but I didn't do well. A lot better then expected. I'm rooting for you!

@LunaGreen I like the idea of Paleo. I mean...I think I'm doing it but I actually haven't done my research on it. All I know is that we can't have dairy and grains..? I could only remember that much from what my sister was telling me just around the time we've figured out that I'm lactose AND gluten intolerant. Anyways thanks for sharing! It reminded me to do my research on Paleo. 1 pound is still great! You're doing good =)
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Well I had one day where I went way over my calorie goal (Wednesday at 2600 calories), otherwise I am doing well by keeping my calories in check and working out daily. I weigh in every Friday since I am part of another challenge on MFP to be under my net calories everyday in January. When I weighed in on Friday I had not lost anything probably because I screwed up Wednesday. I will weigh in again on Monday and check in for this challenge, hopefully I am down a little. I did calculate my TDEE yesterday on another site http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ and changed my goals by increasing my calorie goal to 2033 daily and also changing my macros to 40% carbs, 25% fat, and 35% protein. I am hoping that this helps to kick start my fat burn. I work out at least 6 days per week for an hour minimum and have been struggling to get the weight off. I am going to try this new way of eating with my 6-7 days per week workout for a few weeks and see if I start losing at a better pace. I found out yesterday that it is was hard to eat all the protein that I was supposed to eat and also to eat 2033 calories, I got in about 1700 calories yesterday and was low on the protein intake ( only 25%), the higher protein intake made me feel full all day. The good thing is that I have lost 7.5 inches since Dec 29, but only 0.8 lbs.

Hoping the scale shows a loss for Monday????
  • Kristink_Vaughn
    Kristink_Vaughn Posts: 29 Member
    I feel like I've had a pretty good week. My main goal has been watching what I eat and learning portion control. I've managed to eat healthy options when going out to dinner, and even got a smoothie at Dairy Queen. I weighed in on Thursday (I think) for my diet bets so I'm interested to see how I did over the weekend because I usually don't work out any.
  • It's finals for me, so pretty ok considering no sleep. I was over three days, but under most days, so I'm feeling pretty good. :)
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    All in all o.k. did really great during the week kept under calorie goal & gym every day but the weekend was tough. Family and friends away & busy. For a few days I did o.k. but then I got bored and well... ate everything in the house :noway: twice! Went for a walk to hopefully cancel some of it out. A positive tho, as this is my first week back on MFP in months my first weigh in was good, a loss of 3.4kg (7lbs)

Now if I can just figure put how to be better on weekends.
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    I had a good week--did all of my work-outs, extra cardio, eating within calorie goal. Then Sunday happened--Hubby and I went out to eat and I over did it. But, I did stay active all weekend-sanding and painting our downstairs bedroom. We'll see what the scale says when I weigh in tonight.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    I had a great first week...with a little trouble on Saturday but I did take the kids to the park and ran around with them so I am hoping that I still show a loss this week! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
  • vahine03
    I had a great first week...with a little trouble on Saturday but I did take the kids to the park and ran around with them so I am hoping that I still show a loss this week! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

This is what I did too! Me and my two sisters brought the four kids with us. Now, one of them is HOOKED on gaming. He kept saying its boring this, it's boring that. So my sisters suggested Freeze Tag. I'm like, "I'm not playing. My body sores!!!" lol First round, the adults were out to tag. I didn't play but when it came to the second round and the kids were tagging, my niece ran towards me and I just bolted away forcing my muscles to work!! Ouch! But then the fun of it all took the pain away. I mean it was there, but it didnt bother me at all. especially when my body was warming up. haha. It was great fun and my nephew was finally having fun. I'd do it again. =D

It seems like everyone is sticking to their goals! Great job! As for those that slipped, It's okay. Let us finish hard this week! Finish Hard!! =D
  • HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    I ended up working crazy hours last week, Thursday until today actually. I tried to have a healthy lunches and dinners when possible but the wine is definitely sabotaging my diet~Gotta give that up - Hopefully next week I will see better results!
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    My biggest struggle this week is exercising. I've started new meds and the side effects are kicking my *kitten* :( I also struggle a bit with snacking. Although I'm usually under my calorie goal, I still eat to many unhealthy snacks. I've been eating too much chocolate. I want to look on pintetest for some ideas but my new computer hasn't arrived yet.
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    I'm eating well but I've had a busy week and not moving as much as I planned. I've lost 4lbs so far. I wanted to spend January focusing on my eating habbits and February developing an exercise/lifting routine. Hopefilly I'll have those things mastered by St Patrick's day and when June rolls around I'll hit my goal!
  • ScotinSeattle
    ScotinSeattle Posts: 62 Member
    I had a rough week emotionally which always seems to lead to bad eating habits. I need to stop this crap and go out for a run or a swim instead when I feel stressed. I hate getting into this type of rut. I lost 30lbs before by just cutting out crap and exercising more. I understand I'm 42 and may have a slower metabolism but surely my willpower shouldn't be so deflated as I feel it is. My Mum is in hospital and has been for the last 3 weeks, nothing life threatening and now it's finally being sorted as to what's being going on with her, I am renewing my green card and I'm also trying to find a new job as the one as I have is ending March 31st. I don't really see any of these as being too overly stressful, a new job should be exciting and I don't think I'll have a hard time lining up another nanny job! I hope.