If anyone has time and would like to help....

Options
I began attempting to low-carb on Jan. 5th. According to the scale I have lost 5 lbs (likely water weight). My sodium is way high some days which I know I need to work on.

In the past I have done Atkins and lost 45 pounds in 3 months, that I kept off for years until I went back to school for Nursing...went on a 3 year long carb binge and gained it all back. This time I don't want to go quite as strict as Atkins.

I have been averaging 40-60 carbs most days. I work out and average 9 miles per week walking, running, etc. Maybe the amount of carbs is too much for me? Some input on changes to my routine would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi Hon -
    I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but here's some feedback.

I took a look at your diary. Be cautious about low carb tortillas. They work for some people, and for others they cause stalls. They may be a better item for maintenance than for weight loss.

(And your check wings from yesterday have an error in the fat value - I think this should be closer to 59 grams, not 508 grams).

I'm a keto girl, which focuses on low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Part of the reason I want to keep my carbs low, is that it really helps me with appetite. For me, I think if I drifted into the 40-60 grams of carbs, I think I'd get back into the hunger / insulin cycle. Keto is similar to Atkins, but perhaps focuses more heavily on the high fat aspect.

Also - don't stress about the sodium. Low carb diets are natriuretic - they make the kidneys dump sodium. If anything, we need to supplement sodium, not cut it. Sodium deficiency is a big part of the so-called keto-flu / Atkins flu / low carb flu.