{Week 1} Hydration Nation - Drinking 64 OZ of Water a Day!

Options
Morning! Today is the first day of the challenge. Each challenge is meant to be a fun way to get those heathly habits added to our everyday routines. This week we are focusing on getting plenty of the good stuff-- WATER! Each day be sure to track how many glasses of water you get. And be sure to comment on how easy or how hard getting water is for you. Also, let us know how you did it... maybe there is something that we can try to make getting those fluids in easier!

Heathly Habit #1: Drink 64oz of water today before you drink anything else! (Even coffee -- I know those who drink coffee are screaming at me... and maybe its something you think you can't do but let's try!)

REMEMBER: Post that starting weight on the spreadsheet on the bottom of the main page!

Replies

• MzBJackson_13
    MzBJackson_13 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did at least four glasses of water before lunch... but I did break down and drink sweet tea for lunch. It was good! I did finish the day with more water and got around 7 glasses for the day total.

Going to do better tomorrow!
  • konvincedq
    konvincedq Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm off to a good start. I bought a 34 oz bubba jug. I'm making sure I drink a least 2 rounds to keep me hyndrated
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I know I need to drink more water. I only had 32oz. today. I am working on it.
  • MzBJackson_13
    Options
    Also, I decided to make my diary open. So that I can track my water publicly... maybe if I know people are looking I will do better! Don't know but worth a try!
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I haven't been that great with the water this week =\

But you can only focus on today, and today I'm on my 6th cup now!
  • MzBJackson_13
    Options
    Trying to start my day off right, this morning right after getting out of bed, I had a glass of water... i have heard that this is a good habit to have to start the flushing process!
  • MySkinnyJeans2014
    MySkinnyJeans2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just realized there was a rule about drinking your 64oz before anything else! oops... I'll start doing that tomorrow.
  • Anunuki
    Anunuki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried to have the full amount before I had anything else to drink, but it's been difficult because I enjoy my morning coffees (yes, multiples :drinker: ). I'm having success with drinking 2 cups before I leave for work, and then swapping between 1 cup of coffee and 2 cups of water though. So far (excluding Monday when I tried the all first :grumble: ) I've been managing to get my full amount, which has always been a struggle for me!
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is the first day I think I am going to reach my water goal.
  • MzBJackson_13
    Options
    This week I think that I realized that you have to make an effort to get the needed water that your body needs. When we do not do this, we are depriving ourselves of the main thing that we need to be successful at weightloss and living the healthiest lives possible.
  • loricap
    loricap Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This one was easy, I have a 32 oz water bottle that I fill and drink 4 times a day. now for the exercise.